PCIIIusb pre-made US/Euro maps? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PCIIIusb pre-made US/Euro maps?

The Dynojet site has two maps for the Akra full system, one for the US bike and one for the Euro bike. I uploaded the US version seeing as how it has higher resolution (250rpm increments as opposed to 500rpm), but I compared the two and the fuel mapping is vastly different. Did the Euro bike have the PAIR? If so, the Euro map doesn't list the PAIR delete as a mod and it would make sense. However, if the Euro version doesn't have the PAIR system, then why is there such a difference between the two maps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Here are some....................

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...11&PartNum=105

Sean
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
That's a good question raylee. I'd be interested to know what you find out.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I know that some countries didn't have the pair system as I have seen valve covers without them, but I am not sure which.

When you say "vastly different" do you mean that some values are positive vs. negative? Or just different numbers? The maps posted on the dynojet site are just maps done by tuners or owners who send them in. They can be quite a bit different depending on a number of factors like your elevation, humidity, temperature and so on.

Honestly, I would be very careful with running a canned map and a full system. What other mods do you have? I have been okay with running the canned maps with slip-ons, but I won't run one with my airbox and snorkel. If you have a full akro system, there was some good money spent on it. Spend some more and get the bike properly tuned. Not only out of caution, but it will get the most out of that exhaust.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Ah, I thought the maps were done by Dynojet, not random tuners. That would explain a lot. By vastly different I meant there are several places where one map leans it out a lot and in the other it richens it up and there are almost no shared values. I plan on getting the full tune, but I'm about due for a valve adjustment so once that's done I'll setup an appointment. My problem is that I don't have any way of transporting my bike besides riding it there and all the shops around here need it overnight/all day to have it done... it's gonna be a pricey cab ride those days. :P
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
As previously mentioned, the custom maps on their site are submissions from others.
Dynojet assumes that you'll create a custom map for your particular engine parameters.

A typical mapping only takes an hour usually. Be sure and arrive with a full tank of fuel.
Now if you're spending a lot of time to tweak every value to the nth degree, then it will take a while, and cost a bit (time is money).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Well, from my experience with turbo cars, I didn't figure it would take that long... especially considering I'm only messing with fuel values and nothing with spark (or boost for that matter). However, the two closest shops claim that they need me to drop the bike off for either a full day or overnight... kind of makes me question their tuning abilities. Once I get my valves adjustments done I'll start looking to travel a bit to find a shop that can meet my needs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode