probably a stupid question... Pc3 map on sp2 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
probably a stupid question... Pc3 map on sp2

So, I just bought my sp2 not too long ago, the PO didnt even know it had a pc3 on it much less the other mods.
As of right now, I have discovered on the bike
Jardine 2:2 slip ons
Flapper mod
K&N filters
pc3r
+3 rear sprocket (aftermarket front but havent pulled the cover to check the teeth yet)
and then some other mods like levers and rear sets and such.

I guess my question is, and maybe its a dumb one.
Is there any way I can tell what map its running?
Its a VA bike, and I now live in IA. so elevation is much different Im sure.
I have not a clue what map is on it and clearly the PO didnt either, the owner before him (1st owner) would be the one Im guessing.

Would I need to just put it on a dyno, and see what it does to really discover anything?
It seems to run amazing, but that being said Ive never owned an Rc before so I have no idea what it really "should" feel like with these mods.
If I put it on a dyno, I am not going to waste the time and just check the numbers, I would rather get it tuned, which I can do at a shop here in town. Just wondering if there is a way I can tell whether or not it would even be worth it.

I would be just tickled if it put down something like 130whp with all these mods, but I am just kinda lost...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 02:53 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
To get the map off it, just download the Power Commander software and connect to the PC3r with a serial cable. Then just download the map and see what is loaded. If you want a power figure you will need to put it on a dyno. If it has a stock map from Dynojet, you will see when you download the map.

2001 RC51 SP1 (modified)
2007 GSXR1000 K6
1994 CBR600 FR (very modified)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2015, 07:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
If it runs well, then likely to be no need to mess with it. Remember there's a MAP sensor & it tests inlet air pressure finely and this signal along with temp, throttle position, etc are used by the ECU to calculate fueling. A MAP sensor means you have compensation for elevation & reduced atmospheric pressure therefore.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode