Dyno tuning with PCIII - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dyno tuning with PCIII

Hopefully I will have a chance to do this in a couple of weeks.

I am looking for any suggestions/experience from those whom have ventured before me. I am currently running the canned tune for the Jardine hi-mounts, but have since removed the flapper and not done anything with the tune yet.

Thanks,

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post

I am looking for any suggestions/experience from those whom have ventured before me. I am currently running the canned tune for the Jardine hi-mounts, but have since removed the flapper and not done anything with the tune yet.

Thanks,
Complete the PAIR mod and buy the soft rev kit from Scotts mc supply before you do....you will be happier!

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 08:08 PM

hello i got question for anyone i got pc3r in my bike is 01 sp1 but when i bouthg it the guy told me the pc need tobe retune ,so im wonder if i put another map it will do the samething a retune the pc,thanks fellas,i think is running lean rigth now.

Last edited by willie72; 05-09-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: also is anyone can tellme how to put another map in the pc from laptop,thanks

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post

Thanks,
The only thing you have to be concerned with is getting a dyno tuner that actually wants to take the time to do the job right instead of just taking your money. Otherwise you are literally better off with one of the off the shelf maps from Dynojet or one of the custom maps on my site.

There are only about 3 or 4 dyno tuners in this entire country that I would trust to send a friend to and know they are getting a proper optimized mapping. I've seen even big name tuning company's charge a small fortune and then just install a canned map on a guys powercommander and I have seen fraudulent dyno charts as well... To this day I am still amazed at how many so called dyno tuners STILL do not know the proper A/F ratio for an RC51 and end up using the conventional A/F ratio for most other bikes which yields a particularly mediocre map even if you do every other step of the process perfect.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
otx

So, what is the correct A/F ratio for an RC? I need to get my bike tuned and I want to be sure that the tuner gets it right.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Soft Rev Mod is ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
The only thing you have to be concerned with is getting a dyno tuner that actually wants to take the time to do the job right instead of just taking your money. Otherwise you are literally better off with one of the off the shelf maps from Dynojet or one of the custom maps on my site.

There are only about 3 or 4 dyno tuners in this entire country that I would trust to send a friend to and know they are getting a proper optimized mapping. I've seen even big name tuning company's charge a small fortune and then just install a canned map on a guys powercommander and I have seen fraudulent dyno charts as well... To this day I am still amazed at how many so called dyno tuners STILL do not know the proper A/F ratio for an RC51 and end up using the conventional A/F ratio for most other bikes which yields a particularly mediocre map even if you do every other step of the process perfect.
What is the special A/F ratio for an RC51? It still runs on fuel of X specification and X compression ratio................................ Don't get me wrong I think my bike is pretty special but chemistry is chemistry right?

The ideal stoichiometric ratio for a gasoline engine is 14.7:1 but with the crap the EPA and corn lobbyists etc. have added reduces the ratio to 14.1:1.

Sean

Last edited by Sport; 05-10-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode