Turn One CF Intake & Airbox - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Turn One CF Intake & Airbox

Has anyone had any experience with the Turn One CF intake snorkle and Airbox? I installed one on my '02 model last winter and am really pleased with it. The quality of the components, the fit and the instructions were first rate. The aircleaner that was supplied was probably sufficient for a racing application, but I fabricated one with a K&N element that works great. I'm also running a pair of the longer intake bells with it to try to pick up the mid range.. The seat of the pants dyno says it's stronger in the mid range, but I haven't been able to get to a track day yet, so I really don't know if it has bought me much or not. I'd be interested to here from anyone else who has tried this.

'12 KTM RC8
JCE Exhaust
Bazzaz GP Quick Shift
Rottweiler Ram Air

'02 RC51
LadyBird Full Titanium HRC Replica Exhaust
PCIII USB
Lockhart CF Frame and Swingarm Sliders
GP Shift
Galfer Superbike Brake Lines
Turn One C/F Snorkle & Airbox With K&N Filter
Turn One Radiator Ducts w/Spal Pusher fans
Samco Radiator Hoses
Powdercoated OEM Wheels

'11 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition
Bazzaz ZFI/AFM
Taylormade Exhaust

'80 CBX

'65 CB77 Vintage Road Racer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 AM

I just got them for mine and it definitly feels different thats for sure. The only way to take complete advantage of it is to get it custom mapped. Then you'll really notice the difference.
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

jgos929

I have a custom map for the Jadine exhaust that seems to work well. I'm an an old school tuner and take plug readings and the new intake has not affected the plug readings noticably. How did you mount the Tach/Speedo? I didn't like how the C/F angles positioned it on my example, so I fabricated a new bracket from aluminum and mounted it to the top of the intake snorkle. I also made brackets from aluminum extrusion to hold the grommets that pick up the pins on the headlight buckets and mounted them on either side of the snorkle.

'12 KTM RC8
JCE Exhaust
Bazzaz GP Quick Shift
Rottweiler Ram Air

'02 RC51
PCIII USB
GP Shift
Samco Radiator Hoses
Powdercoated OEM Wheels

Bazzaz ZFI/AFM
Taylormade Exhaust

'80 CBX

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 AM

Go here and you can see my 2:1 https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722

I'm running a gp can with it though.

When did you get your snorkle? Turnone is now producing a new one that has moved the tach/speedo mount because of complaints that it didn't look right before. I just mounted mine up on the new snorkle and it looks fine.
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

I got mine back in late November or early December. I talked to Brent at Turn One about the problem with the mounts and he indicated he was going to make a change because I wasn't the only one who had a problem. I'll try to post some pictures of my instalation next week. I've got a really clean setup.

'12 KTM RC8
JCE Exhaust
Bazzaz GP Quick Shift
Rottweiler Ram Air

'02 RC51
PCIII USB
GP Shift
Samco Radiator Hoses
Powdercoated OEM Wheels

Bazzaz ZFI/AFM
Taylormade Exhaust

'80 CBX

post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah thats what I thought. It sounded like you might have gotten one of the older ones. I've only had mine for little over a month. I need to get mine custom mapped because I just can't seem to find a map that feels right. And all of the 2:1 maps I've been able to find are for SP2's and I have a 1. Right now I'm running the map off the pc website for the german model sp1 and the bike runs good but there is still some popping on decel. I haven't checked my plugs in a couple of thousand miles and was going to do it the next time I changed the oil in the next week or so.
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 02:45 AM

were can i get those things?...turn one airbox & snorkel?...my email is [email protected].............

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,

Last edited by mighty max; 07-19-2009 at 06:09 PM.
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty max View Post
were can i get those things?...turn one airbox & snorkel?...my email is [email protected]
I've tried to find a website myself with no luck. Please post their contact info publicly if possible.

Thanks
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM

i did email to turn one guy, seems no reply from him yet & durbhan(Thorsten) is very expensive...the airbox itself can cost me nearly 1k Singapore dollars(wzout shipping)..

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:22 PM

i found this web site and they have turn one products hope this works
http://www.scottsms.com/store/index....ort=20a&page=2
or just try http://www.scottsms.com i hope to get the airbox and snorkel for my bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode