RC51 Forums banner

rc51 sp1 sp2 engines

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  varium 
#1 ·
So i blew up my engine. rod bearings, crank bearings, scored cylinders, cam guides ect all shot to hell..

I found a sp1 motor on ebay, complete kit with throttle bodies. my question is i have a sp2... will everything bolt up and go, or do i need to swap a set of sp2 heads onto the motor?

#3 ·
Riding with friends when my oil light never came on. While riding the motor seized and wouldn't start. get home to take clutch cover off and see the oil pump gear sitting in the back corner of the engine... and i saw, but was wondering if all i needed to do was swap sp2 heads and im golden or if i need more than that.

#7 ·
You can either sit there and think all you want or use the search feature since you don't believe what folks have told you. Its been covered ad nauseum over on zilla, and it should be covered here as well.

While exhaust ports are different they will fit each other with a little work. Again, the search feature is your friend.

Or, JUST BUY AN SP2 MOTOR AND BE DONE WITH IT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.