Are you using Ethos in your RC51? Why not? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Are you using Ethos in your RC51? Why not?

Are you using Ethos in your RC51?
Why not? Because it's not available on the market, and you probably don't know about it.

For lubrication, Ethos has far more lubricity than Mobil 1. As a matter of fact, it is so slick, you can't put it in your oil because your wet clutch won't work anymore. Think about that for a second. If it is THAT slick, why aren't we using it?

From what I have learned, Ethos is a made up of esters (which makes Mobile 1 oil so good). Mobile 1 oil has maybe 3-5% esters in it. Ethos has 100%. Why would you bother buying Mobile 1 then?

I once put a quart of Ethos in a Race prepped GSX-R and it revved like a two stroke motor. Then I found out about the friction plates. Rutrow. I then figured out that if you apply Ethos to heads and piston tops, you get what you are after: considerably less friction, and that meant a cooler running motor that is more durable. It also meant more horsepower. I have put Ethos in every machine I have and have seen what it can do. It is the most amazing lubricant on this planet. I would say maybe 100 times as slick as Lucas. So why aren't we all running Ethos in our RC51's? Because it's not on the market. Unless you know where to get some.

Trade SAFETY for LIBERTY and you end up with neither.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
I think you answered your own question before you even asked it.

Quote:
For lubrication, Ethos has far more lubricity than Mobil 1. As a matter of fact, it is so slick, you can't put it in your oil because your wet clutch won't work anymore. Think about that for a second. If it is THAT slick, why aren't we using it?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:39 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
These aren't jet engines, as much as some may think they are.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I think you answered your own question before you even asked it.
Exactly what I was thinking. :what: lmbo

'08 HD Dyna FatBob
'03 RC51 #153 - fastest RC ever built - SOLD
'03/13 BOTM - thx every1!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
I dunno MB. She looks pretty fast sitting still

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Guess that's why it works so well on Saab's, below is a article I pulled from the web:

"Personal Commentary:
When we were introduced to Ethos Fuel Reformulator in October of 2006, our family car was 2000 Saab 9-5 with a 3.0 liter turbocharged V6. This vehicle is rated (new EPA guidelines) at 16 city and 24 hwy, but consistently got 18 miles per gallon in our daily commute, and 29 miles per gallon on the freeway. We treated the oil and gas with Ethos FR, and within two tanks of gas, the vehicle began averaging 22 mpg in commuter traffic, and 31 mpg on the highway. We also noticed improvements in the ease with which the vehicle started, the engine noise level, and the overall performance as well. Our experience has convinced us that the product WORKS, and that operating a vehicle without Ethos in the oil and fuel causes needless engine wear, and wastes gas. From a cost standpoint, the choice is clear: It costs more NOT to use the product than to use it."

2001 SP1 (sold)
2004 SP2 (properly stored)
2012 Ruckus (stolen)
2015 Grom (under construction)

Weyrauch pronounced (Y Rock)...Rock for short.

Semper Fidelis
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weyrauchrc51 View Post
Guess that's why it works so well on Saab's, below is a article I pulled from the web:

"Personal Commentary:
When we were introduced to Ethos Fuel Reformulator in October of 2006, our family car was 2000 Saab 9-5 with a 3.0 liter turbocharged V6. This vehicle is rated (new EPA guidelines) at 16 city and 24 hwy, but consistently got 18 miles per gallon in our daily commute, and 29 miles per gallon on the freeway. We treated the oil and gas with Ethos FR, and within two tanks of gas, the vehicle began averaging 22 mpg in commuter traffic, and 31 mpg on the highway. We also noticed improvements in the ease with which the vehicle started, the engine noise level, and the overall performance as well. Our experience has convinced us that the product WORKS, and that operating a vehicle without Ethos in the oil and fuel causes needless engine wear, and wastes gas. From a cost standpoint, the choice is clear: It costs more NOT to use the product than to use it."

Turbo......make more sense. RC, no no.....no no

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

I had a friend who drove his own 18 wheeler and decided to use the Ethos. When it came down to having a engine tear down, the mechanic was totally amazed. Almost no wear, and no carbon build up at all.

I would agree too that it costs more NOT to use Ethos than to use it and for many good reasons.

So, you can't put it in your oil because of the friction plates, but you CAN apply it to the heads (where wear and tear happens). Also, I sprayed a liberal amount right down into my intakes, and put a good amount in the fuel tank. Doing this makes the Ethos coat the piston tops/rings and piston walls where the friction happens. Doing this you can't have a smoother running RC. I can testify to that.

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 312 Post(s)
Well, so far this stuff sounds good, but with a wet clutch system, it's a moot point, right?
Unless you put it in your gas?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Right jondog, the easiest method is just running it in your fuel tank. This also serves to clean the injectors....AND (believe it or not) increase you octane level (really). Plus it removes the carbon build up. How can you beat that? Oh yeah...AND get better fuel mileage (which any RC can use). Seems to be a no brainer.

I had a Toyota and was moving and pulling a 16' trailer loaded down for 1,000 miles. It was really hot and my transmission overheated (big time). I put about 4 ounces in the transmission and guess what? 70 mph, 100 degrees and NO more overheating the entire way. This stuff is incredible.

I also put Ethos on my chain, and it stays on the chain, because it "coats the chain".

Last edited by RC46; 12-31-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode