RC51 Forums banner

Amsoil anyone?

7K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Paisanoracer 
#1 ·
Who all runs Amsoil in their RCs? I have run it in every bike I own and have no complaints.

#8 ·
mine is liquid moly

#13 · (Edited)
Amsoil User

Have been using Amsoil 10w-40 for both the VFR and RC51. Makes the clutch action even better, if that's possible. My 96' Subaru Legacy used Ow-30 for over three years now. You can order Amsoil from their website or 800 number. I have had various distributors over time, but if I don't see them at motorcycle racing venues, I just buy online.
Motorcycle Consumer News did an extensive two-part test of 40 motor oils, synthetic blends, and full synthetics, 5 to 7 years ago. Royal Purple and many other synthetic did just fine, I liked Amsoil for its overall performance package.
I change oil annually, regardless of mileage, for all my vehicles.
High temperature breakdown is my major concern living here in Sacramento and riding hard in to mountains as often as possible.
I have never experienced any oil usage in the Hondas at this point. VFR VTEC has 40K on it. One durable machine, totally over built in many ways.
You should also upgrade your oil filter to a mixed media unit such as Bosch Premium. They will remove the smaller micron particle that other pleated units won't. See VFR World or VFR garage for the non OEM oil filter discussions. The same filter works for all Honda spin on units.

Red rider

#14 ·
Have been using Amsoil 10w-40 for both the VFR and RC51. Makes the clutch action even better, if that's possible. My 96' Subaru Legacy used Ow-30 for over three years now. You can order Amsoil from their website or 800 number. I have had various distributors over time, but if I don't see them at motorcycle racing venues, I just buy online.
Motorcycle Consumer News did an extensive two-part test of 40 motor oils, synthetic blends, and full synthetics, 5 to 7 years ago. Royal Purple and many other synthetic did just fine, I liked Amsoil for its overall performance package.
I change oil annually, regardless of mileage, for all my vehicles.
High temperature breakdown is my major concern living here in Sacramento and riding hard in to mountains as often as possible.
I have never experienced any oil usage in the Hondas at this point. VFR v-tech has 40K on it. One durable machine, totally over built in many ways.
You should also upgrade your oil filter to a mixed media unit such as Bosch Premium. They will remove the smaller micron particle that other pleated units won't. See VFR World or VFR garage for the non OEM oil filter discussions. The same filter works for all Honda spin on units.

Red rider
Sorry, I have to. It's bugging me haha There's no dash in VTEC and there's no h.

#16 ·
I also rum amsoil in my rc but I run the 20-50 in mine and love it change mine every about 2500 to 3000 miles and just use stock oil filter thought about buying a scotts reusable oil filer but not sure yet if anyone uses a filter like that know let me know what u think

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.