RC51 Forums banner

V-Twin Tourture Test

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Custom_51 
#1 ·
Has anyone else seen this?
https://youtu.be/XSnKTpGt1k0
I'm in San Diego area, and wondering if the V-Twin 20W-50 would be better suited than the 10W-40 recommended by the owner manual?

#4 ·
Thank God, you have a sense of humor :D

Oil threads on motorcycle forums are usually a shit show. I always use the manufacturers recommendations for oil unless I score a really sweet deal. My KTM 1190R runs Motorex 10W-50 but I was using Redline 20W-50 for a while because I got a case for 90 bucks from a distributor. Never noticed a difference. BTW, that bike was dyno'd at 120 RWHP.

#5 · (Edited)
Thank God, you have a sense of humor /forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Oil threads on motorcycle forums are usually a shit show. I always use the manufacturers recommendations for oil unless I score a really sweet deal. My KTM 1190R runs Motorex 10W-50 but I was using Redline 20W-50 for a while because I got a case for 90 bucks from a distributor. Never noticed a difference. BTW, that bike was dyno'd at 120 RWHP.
Nice, i think i will go ahead and give it a shot. On second thought I am gonna stick with 10W-40. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.