Future purchases - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Future purchases

Right now I have a Yamaha Road Star 1700 and my recently purchased RC51. Im planning to sell the Yamaha Road Star next year and buy a Harley Davidson Road King. I know I know lots of people think its a down grade. I've always wanted a Harley I was raised up on them. I want a bike I can ride for miles and miles. I really like the Road Star but My Ex Wife picked it out and it just brings back bad memories plus I had a front end blow out on it and crashed it I dont want to put the money into it to fix it up. Anyway once I get the Harley and get it paid off I'm going to buy another sport bike. O yes I will not sell the RC51 I'm in love with it. I drove a ZX6 (636) to day and it felt neutered in the bottom end maybe its me but the RC also felt faster overall. However I did not push this bike because it is not mine, so it may be wilder that I realized. I have pushed a GSXR600 however I dont remember what it was like. This makes me interested in a 1000cc inline 4. I know they are faster in the top end but I'm not interested in ultimate top speed. It makes no difference to me if you bike is faster on the straights or has a higher top speed. Its going to be about 2 years out so it's kind of too soon to make a decision now on what to buy but if you were going to buy another sport bike right now what would you buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
an RC8R or RSV4 Factory....in fact i may trade the s1000rr in for one or the other.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Ick

I really like my 600 - it's a nice change of pace. Makes me appreciate both bikes by riding the other. The 600 can carve anything, a bit more forgiving in a lot of situations.
I see the 600 as a bike that I can keep replacing (with another 600). Wouldn't mind having more power on the track - I was thinking more of the 750 than a 1000. Waiting for my neighbor to pick up a 750 so I can put to rest what all the 750 hype is about.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ick View Post
I really like my 600 - it's a nice change of pace. Makes me appreciate both bikes by riding the other. The 600 can carve anything, a bit more forgiving in a lot of situations.
I see the 600 as a bike that I can keep replacing (with another 600). Wouldn't mind having more power on the track - I was thinking more of the 750 than a 1000. Waiting for my neighbor to pick up a 750 so I can put to rest what all the 750 hype is about.

Yeah, i know what you mean. Rumor is MV is producing a 750 again...other wise you could pick up a used one for a decent price. Good bike too. Heard nothing but good things about it. I had an R6 and loved it. After awhile having the other three bikes just made it feel sloppy. The other three are so well put toggether it was hard to get on the R6. Never had a GSXR 750 but apparently they are amazing. Seems to be the perfect balance as far as japanese bikes go.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Well, I'd like to get my hands on a VFR800 but The RC and the SV both have bullet proof engines and will satisfy me for now.

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I like the 06 1KRR's of Honda line up. The RC is all I have right now due to down sizing. Although the 600's of today are getting the HP numbers up. The R6 looks dead sexy. Good luck in your search.

If your looking for used and close to Michigan, many out of work folks looking to sell off to reduce payments. Thats how I bought my low mileage RC at a very good price. I had been in some of those folks position in the past and it was my turn to help a fellow rider out.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode