Nobody like to get sacked - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Nobody like to get sacked

"Nobody likes to get sacked, but that's what happened, so, we'll just have to see what happens."
Nicky Hayden in a recent interview about his prospects for next year.
TBH, I hate seeing a quality rider like Hayden being stuck on a machine that's just not up to par - hell even the CRT bikes are getting better times.
I sure wish the best for Nicky Hayden, hope to see him stay in the spotlight somehow.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I personally reckon they would love to hold onto him for WSBK,as his exposure and presence in the US market is extremely important for Audi
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Speaking of Audi, are they going to pony up some more $$ to get the Ducati team bikes back into contention?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes so true , i was at Laguna Seca 2005 on the Corkscrew after Nicky won the race he stopped at the corkscrew and did a big burn out , i was so proud of Nicky showed the world that day USA is back .

• Penske triple adjustable shock Moriwaki linkage
  • forks , valves , springs ,top-out mod
  • Moriwaki rearsets
  • Carbon Airbox heatshielding custom K&N panel filter
  • Power Commander USB
  • Galfer superbike full foating rotors - SS braided lines
  • Brembo 19 RCS Adjustable Ratio Radial Brake Master Cylinder
  • DID 520 gold chain
  • CRG folding clutch lever
  • Relocated battery Shortened wiring harness
  • Flapper PAIR EVAP removed
  • Soft Rev limiter removed
  • 15/41 gears 520
  • Vortex clip-ons
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Yeah it was sad to see his contract with Ducati will end, but it's not entirely unexpected - he's been there a long time. I wonder who they have in mind as his replacement? Bradley Smith or Crutchlow perhaps?

Only Stoner could tame their beast...
Ducati really needs some capital investment from Audi (Which they apparently promised - but has it materialised?) and possibly a return to a conventional frame design. Meanwhile the gap in capability of machines continues to widen between them & the Japanese factory teams.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Hayden was saying the problem with the Ducati bikes now is the fact that they lost the freedom to choose different tires when it was ruled that Bridgestone was tho only tire. And the Team bikes have even more tire restrictions than the CRT bikes. Nickey also said that Ducati never could get the front-end squared away to be able to turn as good as the other GP bikes.

I have a feeling he'll leave MotoGP, he said he doesn't want a CRT bike to run around the track trying to get a point here or there. Hope WSBK picks him up.

And I sure the f hope Crutchlow gets a better offer than Ducati. Better money maybe, but he'd be better staying with Tech 3. imo.

And Stoner may be back 2014! I'd like to see him racing again.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I read an article where Nicky explained what happened to Duc. They were using a radically different frame than the Japaneese bikes and were tuning the bike through the custom tires that were available to them. Once GP went to the "Spec" tires, the tires chosen we the ones that worked best for the majority of the bikes on the paddock (not Duc). That left Duc with tires that did not work on their bike, and no easy means to tune the chassis for the tires (since they had previously been using the tires to tune the chassis). They have now redesigned the entire chassis and hope to convert to it next year. Recent tests have shown that the current chassis is still faster, although the new frame promises to have more potential to be tuned.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Crutchlow deserves a Yamaha (Or less likely) Honda factory ride, but there's no contracts about to end there yet? He'll probably be best off staying where he is till there is a better bike to ride. I'd love to see him on a factory Yamaha or even a Honda. He'd make a great personality as an ambassador for the sport if he ever became world champion. Lorenzo is so dry and witless I don't see him having many fans.

Would be great to see Stoner back, his talent was amazing - but somehow I don't think it'll happen... Not enough has changed to make him want to come back yet, surely?

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

It's diffictult to know with certainty what the problem is with Ducati's handling - but it does seem to point to the frame design where the engine is the main part of the structure. Less flex than the conventional chassis possibly means it's less forgiving on the limit.

Sure will be interesting to see - if Nicky does move to WSB with Ducati, as Simon suggests would be of importance for Audi...

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There will be 2 slots on Suzuki's GP bikes available in 2015 although from what I've read Suzuki wants to have a Japanese rider for one of the bikes. Maybe Nicky can bide his time for one year.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode