SAD STATE of AMA RACING - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SAD STATE of AMA RACING

superbike practice at road america today shows how the mighty have fallen. From 1st to 8th is over 4 second difference. to compare the WSB boys 1st to 10th, less than a second. AMA= bad racing, bad leadership, just bad. We actually elected the officials who signed over the racing to DMG. We let this happen! The AMA is a total joke and im proud that i have cancelled my membership to this joke of an organization.

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I must admit that I've only partially watched one race since DMG took over.
However I do try and watch MotoGP and WSBK (which is very exciting this year).
I've only watched one Moto2 race, and it was quite entertaining.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

the moto2 race was crazy! i loved it. im really looking forward to the motogp race in italy. If rossi does not win here or at least crash in the lead, his season may be over

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:42 AM

I burned my AMA license in 1979
They haven't gotten any better in the ensuing years
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Wow, talk about picking the wrong weekend/year to complain about AMA/DMG racing not being close enough. I'm not sure you could have been more wrong if you tried. Here's the margin of victory from the 4 races at Road America:

Superbike Race 1: Photo finish
Sportbike Race 1: -0.008 seconds
Superbike Race 2: -0.177 seconds
Sportbike Race 2: -0.275 seconds

All 4 races went down to the final laps and it was some of the best racing I've seen all year. AMA/DMG racing has been very close this year, which should have been obvious to anyone paying attention.

Last edited by watskooo; 06-10-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: fixed track name
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by watskooo View Post
Wow, talk about picking the wrong weekend/year to complain about AMA/DMG racing not being close enough. I'm not sure you could have been more wrong if you tried. Here's the margin of victory from the 4 races at Road Atlanta:

Superbike Race 1: Photo finish
Sportbike Race 1: -0.008 seconds
Superbike Race 2: -0.177 seconds
Sportbike Race 2: -0.275 seconds

All 4 races went down to the final laps and it was some of the best racing I've seen all year. AMA/DMG racing has been very close this year, which should have been obvious to anyone paying attention.
speaking of paying attention, i was talking about fridays practice times. The sportbike races have been great. The superbike races margin of victory was close but maybe you should look at the margin from 1st to 4th, 5th. We could line everyone up on scooters and get very close racing but superbike racing should be cream of the crop factory bikes and riders. It was getting old watching Mladin whip everyones ass's all them years but when you went to the races their wher 20 full size transporters in line with 12 factory bikes on the grids. After years of the AMA gridding A+ quality riders who always had a chance to win a wildcard round at WSB events to Josh Hayes being the star attraction.

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

by the way it was road america, not atlanta

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin chief View Post
speaking of paying attention, i was talking about fridays practice times. The sportbike races have been great. The superbike races margin of victory was close but maybe you should look at the margin from 1st to 4th, 5th. We could line everyone up on scooters and get very close racing but superbike racing should be cream of the crop factory bikes and riders. It was getting old watching Mladin whip everyones ass's all them years but when you went to the races their wher 20 full size transporters in line with 12 factory bikes on the grids. After years of the AMA gridding A+ quality riders who always had a chance to win a wildcard round at WSB events to Josh Hayes being the star attraction.
Who cares if practice times are close? Seriously, complaining about practice times? The racing in the superbike class is closer now that Mladin and Spies are gone, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say there either. There's no question the margin from 1st to 4th or 5th is the closest it's been in a long time.

It's also laughable to think the AMA used to be full of riders that were potential WSBK wildcard winners. Yes, the lack of factory support is an issue, but it's hard to see that improving until the economy does.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

lets see, duhamel won wsb as a wildcard. Chandler podium as a wild card. Mladin podium as wildcard. Yates was so close, heartbreaker. Bostrom won wsb races, Spies world champ. Russell world champ. Laughable? Im not bitchin about the times, im bitchin about the talent! You wanna see close racing? Go watch WERA or CCS. Thats some exciting racing. I know the economy had some to do with it but the DMG and AMA have fucked the series maybe permantly. Remember when the Daytona 200 was almost the most important race of the year? Second to the TT and 8hrs of course. Now its a joke

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I will say after the showing at Heartland and how AMA and DMG bowed to certain riders since they did not like certain things. The AMA/DMG had sent their elected safety riders who rode the track two different times and gave the track its blessing. Once all the riders were here the track managers made even more changes after the first day of practice to satisfy the riders. Still certain ones were catered too. I volunteered to help with Tire inspections and you would report violations for certain teams and the officals looked the other way while other teams struggled.
I was not shocked to see Honda pull out just as Chrysler did many years ago when NASCAR catered to Chevys.
I have since subscribed to both MOTOGP and WSB and enjoy the racing. Hopefully this year I will be able to make the Indy trip.
My 2 cents

2004 RC51 with multipul mods
1985 VF1000R SOLD 😭
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode