Best seating/tickets for Laguna Moto GP? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best seating/tickets for Laguna Moto GP?

I'm going to Laguna for the Moto GP race this year. I've never been to that track and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on which ticket package to purchase, i.e. general admission, turn 4, etc.

I'd like to be able to walk around and get to every viewing area at least during the practice and qualifying sessions, then maybe have an assigned seat for the race?

Thanks,

Todd

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
I'm going to Laguna for the Moto GP race this year. I've never been to that track and I'm wondering if anyone has advice on which ticket package to purchase, i.e. general admission, turn 4, etc.

I'd like to be able to walk around and get to every viewing area at least during the practice and qualifying sessions, then maybe have an assigned seat for the race?

Thanks,

Todd
Save your money and come to Indy.....we have better seats. The night time entertainment down town Indy is kick ass too.

LDH probably has your answer....he seems to know his way around Laguna



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Save your money and come to Indy.....we have better seats. The night time entertainment down town Indy is kick ass too.

LDH probably has your answer....he seems to know his way around Laguna
I went to Indy last year and look where it got me.... a new 2005 RC51 in the garage, thanks to 'bikes on Meridian'! That's where I first started noticing the RC51 and it was all downhill from there. Couldn't be happier though.
So long CBR... go burn oil underneath someone else!

I wish I could afford both this year. Next year...Austin!

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Save your money and come to Indy.....we have better seats. The night time entertainment down town Indy is kick ass too.

LDH probably has your answer....he seems to know his way around Laguna
How would LDH know where to sit? The guy laps the track pretty quick, you think he has time to look for seats too?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Senior Member
 
LDH®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,213
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
OK that was funny even without my narcissistic views...

I agree though save your money and go to Indy. Laguna is a rip-off, you shell out big bucks for 3 or 4 night minimum stays at all the hotels (although they have curbed that somewhat due to the recession), you battle long lines of traffic to get into & out of the track every single day and you really only get to see one decent race. They only run the MotoGP bikes, no Moto2 or Moto3 classes as the support classes are AMA/DMG races that well are just not all that anymore... There is a lot of MotoGP practice going on, but in all sincerity that is about as fun as watching paint dry. They don't spin up, they don't wheelie they just circulate the track making so much noise you can't even speak to the person standing right next to you. It's just not very exciting especially compared to the old days when the AMA used to run wildcard riders with World Superbike etc.

At least at Indy you get to see all the different classes of the World Championship, it is the complete circus!
LDH® is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
LDH®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,213
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Oh & if you really want to experience the MotoGP experience at it's best then save all your pennies and go to the Valencia Round at the end of the season. The Racing is awesome, the seating in the stands is excellent and the nightlife party in the nearby town of Cheste is fuckin unbelievable! It gets overran with about 30,000 screaming bikers having a giant party

I have a few short videos of it from our last trip out there, total hooliganism, wheelies in the street, burnouts, rev-limiter sonata's sometimes being conducted like an orchestra etc



LDH® is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
I went to Indy last year and look where it got me.... a new 2005 RC51 in the garage, thanks to 'bikes on Meridian'! That's where I first started noticing the RC51 and it was all downhill from there. Couldn't be happier though.
So long CBR... go burn oil underneath someone else!

I wish I could afford both this year. Next year...Austin!
And you didn't even bother to stop in and say hello....

Meridian was nuts for sure, me likey

You're going to be waiting awhile for the Austin thing. Too much dick measurin' goin' on in Texas.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The best way to go is to volunteer for USARM.ORG and work the race as a course marshal. You will get inside the fences and will get a chance to see much more than you thought possible. $210 or so for the three-day event will be given to you in cash at the end of the event. You can camp for free at the event and be bused everywhere at the track during the event. Your stuff will be watched by security while you're away at the race. I did this for 11 years during the (1997) Honda VFR SBK run and years of MotoGP (2008). You will have to get up at 6 a.m. to get to the morning meeting and stand around waiting for your assignment. You will be given terrible lunches in most cases, unless you order veggie. So plan ahead. MotoGP has great views from corners: 2,5, and 9. Course workers get views you can't buy. You get a pass/apron to go ANYWHERE on the track, including the pit area, and your seat for the stunt show will be spectacular. USARM.org and ask for MICK or Jim Short. Monterey vs. Indy? from Washington state, (though I live 115 miles from the track) but no question Monterey! Lots of turnworkers come from Washington and B.C. for this event. You may be able to hook up with them on the ride. Nothing better than picking up Danny Pedrosa after he slides out in turn 5.
Man these MOTOGP bikes are small and light. Handling AMA SBKs are heavy by comparison.
NO experience required!

Last edited by rc51 Red Rider; 02-23-2012 at 11:09 PM. Reason: date error
rc51 Red Rider is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Oh & if you really want to experience the MotoGP experience at it's best then save all your pennies and go to the Valencia Round at the end of the season. The Racing is awesome, the seating in the stands is excellent and the nightlife party in the nearby town of Cheste is fuckin unbelievable! It gets overran with about 30,000 screaming bikers having a giant party

I have a few short videos of it from our last trip out there, total hooliganism, wheelies in the street, burnouts, rev-limiter sonata's sometimes being conducted like an orchestra etc
Wow, that girl in the middle video really knows how to um...work the wrist. :-)

I'd love to go to Europe for MotoGP, especially Spain. Maybe next year if Austin is a no go.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
And you didn't even bother to stop in and say hello....

Meridian was nuts for sure, me likey

You're going to be waiting awhile for the Austin thing. Too much dick measurin' goin' on in Texas.

I'm sure we saw each other at some point if you were on your RC, as I was keeping an eye out for those. Bikes on Meridian was something else for sure. It was cool to see all different types of bikes and people hanging out and getting along (from what I saw). MotoGP at Indy was a lot of fun. It's such a big place that it never seemed that crowded. I've always been a little leary of Laguna, just because, like LDH said, it's so crowded and expensive. But, that's where my friends want to go this year so I don't mind checking it out.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome