gonna watch motogp online - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
gonna watch motogp online

Just bought a membership to motogp.com. Gonna watch the race here in about 58 minutes. Leguna Seca that is.
I'm just feeling around on motogp.com, but seems like a pretty cool site. All kinds of cool stuff you can run while the video is playing.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
what'ch think ? not a bad 2 hours if you can't be there , good old Stoner there again , Nicky did well as well
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Ya gotta love how Hayden brought in Rossi!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Gotta say SpeedTV's coverage was sub-par.

Besides the incessant commercial breaks, they seemed to spend more time showing the scenery and everybody's garage with mechanics gawking at the monitors rather than the action.

Hopefully the Indy coverage will be better.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

WoW. Nothing at all compared to what I got to see. Zero commercials. Great replays and slow mo's. sidebar with riders place in the race, all kinds of cool stuff. It was pretty decent watching it on motogp's site. I also watched the warmup runs and got to see them try to run on a cold track and lots of talk about what tires to run. I liked the site, happy with the membership fee, cause now I can watch the rest of the up coming races, and the past ones too.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Is the MotoGP site show a different feed than the BBC or Superpole?

post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Definitely worthwhile. Don't forget to click on "classics" to watch 2 stroke MotoGP greats!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We get it live on Foxtel ( cable TV) and qualifying with no adds (commercials ) we get moto 2/3 as well ,good to see stoner win . cheers Buddha

Last edited by buddha; 07-30-2012 at 07:08 AM.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Gotta say SpeedTV's coverage was sub-par.

Besides the incessant commercial breaks, they seemed to spend more time showing the scenery and everybody's garage with mechanics gawking at the monitors rather than the action.

Hopefully the Indy coverage will be better.
I think sub-par gives Speed way too much credit, that race coverage was awful. I think by the time the halfway point of the race rolled around, they had only showed eight laps or so of actual racing. And then, they missed the pass for the lead because they were showing some fans in the stands at turn 1 shouting about it.

More than usual, they took time from the actual race to go through what happened in prior years. They had a summary from the 1993 and 2005 races, while in the midst of skipping a ton of laps. It would be nice to have those features, but Speed needs to expand their timeslot to 90 minutes so they can show the whole (current) race. It's frustrating when I watch GP or WSBK, watch 3 laps, and then they go to commercial and skip 3 more laps. I'm leaning more and more towards just giving up on them and signing up for the official MotoGP feed.

2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000 (the mod whore)
2003 RC51 (sold)
2002 ZX-7R (sold)
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Is the MotoGP site show a different feed than the BBC or Superpole?
I have no idea. The announcers were British accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Definitely worthwhile. Don't forget to click on "classics" to watch 2 stroke MotoGP greats!
They have so many videos on that site, it's almost a little overwhelming. It's really easy to get going down a thread of links and get lost for a while. I know next to nothing about MotoGP and the riders, but I learned quite a bit in just one day yesterday before the race started. I got to watch qualifying and warm up laps. And now I understand how and who the teams are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
We get it live on Foxtel ( cable TV) and qualifying with no adds (commercials ) we get moto 2/3 as well ,good to see stoner win . cheers Buddha
I thought you'd be happy with Stoner winning. He owns Leguna Seca. But how did he pull Lorenzo on that straight? I saw Lorenzo accelerating hard enough to lift his front tire a little. Stoner passed him with ease. How'd he make that look so easy?
How'd you like the Hayden/Rossi finish? Wasn't that really cool?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode