1Likes
  • 1 Post By BTopp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
WSBK video subscription

So since WSBK and Moto GP TV coverage here in the US has been cut (at least in my area by Direct TV) I decided to pull the trigger on the on line season subscriptions. So question for anyone out there who knows their way around the various systems. How soon can you watch things On Demand? i.e. FP1 and FP2? Im able to watch the videos that they posted as "Latest Videos" but they don't have the footage available. Anyone with any insight into this and maybe the best way to view everything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 08:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Once you have subscribed you are set for live feed. All practice, qualifying and races for all classes....And everything in between too....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

How long until you can watch it on demand? Basically I missed everything except super pole this week and wanted to get caught up Friday night but nothing was available.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 05:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I guess WSBK, and Moto-GP are the only reasons for me to stay with DISH. My neighbor, who is a riding partner as well, did the switch last year from Dish to DirecTV, to get the low price offered when you switch. You're locked in for two years when you make the move. Anyway, a month after he goes to DirecTV, they drop BEIN channel! He had to switch back to Dish, and pay the $200.00 penalty for early withdrawal! LOL! It'll be interesting to see how Johnny Rea does against the Ducati, on some of the other tracks coming up!

2002 SP2
2005 750 Katana
2000 KX-500
1984 VT500 Ascot
1977 RD-400

Nice Old Harley you got there! Mind if I kick it over?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I used to subscribe to both WSBK and MOTOGP online.
I chose the the multi-cam option for MOTOGP which allowed picture selection of all the cameras available singularly or several together.
For instance, you could choose the front and rear cameras of Rossi's bike together with the helicopter cam.
Or rear cam of the leader with front cam of the chaser.

It was nice, but I gradually found I never viewed past May for either series, so three years ago, I dropped both, as they were around $100 each and was a waste of money for me.
These days, I don't follow racing at all.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

So apparently everything is available after the weekend is over. So if I miss the live streaming, I will need to wait until Monday to view the races. I hope I'm wrong about it though..
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

After watching all 3 superbike races.... SHIT that Ducati is fast!!!!!!!! Looks like this year may not be the Johnny Rea show of years past. Granted its only the opening weekend but Bautista was unbeatable! Too bad Honda has not done jack shit in WSBK since 2002. Anyone want to remind me what the last Honda Superbike was to win the championship?

On a side note with the subscription one can go back and watch races that were years ago... like the 2002 season finale... Honda vs Ducati! Spoiler Alert, Honda wins!
Russ*Collins51 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
For some reason the first PI WSBK race--Saturday there, Friday here in the U.S., didn't show up for replay immediately. I contacted the site and they apologized, and it was available the next morning here in CA.

Comcast charged extra for the tier that included BeIn here, so two years ago I subscribed to motogp and WSBK, which was easily paid for by dropping a tier with Comcast. Glad I did! Watch it HD via Apple tv, looks great.

Bautista was awesome but don't make him champion just yet. The Duc does look like a Rea-beater but remember that Alvaro (and Haslam) are PI experts. Wait until they get to Europe. But I am very happy to see a new kid on the WSBK block!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What are you paying for sbk? Prices I could find were way higher than motogp. I have DirecTV and am going to drop them for dish but might not get the upgrade to bein and go online for it
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

WSBK was about $80 give or take. MOTO GP was a bit more if I remember correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode