New York Safety Track - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New York Safety Track

Has anybody been to, or is anyone going to NYST for a trackday?

We had a staff day last Tuesday to try it out and see which way we wanted to run. It's a very fun track. It is better suited to smaller bikes than the RC, but it's still a helluva lot of fun. You can ride in the 'Uptown' direction, or 'Downtown'. Just not at the same time.

Tony's Track Days will be there on June 2 and 3 (sold out) and August 18 and 19.

Uptown has increased elevation on the front straight followed by some very interesting downhill turns, a nice wheelie hill, and other bit's of track trickery. Downtown is a bit easier but has some nice challenges too.

They're still working on the details - there's no power yet and no garages, so bring a generator if tire warmers are a 'must have' and an EZ-Up might come in handy if the weather's iffy. There are restrooms with showers. The parking lot is sloped, small, and mostly gravel. BFD, this is a great new track and I can't wait to get back there in June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 08:50 PM

I'm planning a Nesba day there on the 31st. I was signed up a week ago, but it got rained out. Thanks for the review, so far I've been hearing good things.

My left turns are horrible so hopefully they'll run it counter-clockwise so I can learn to turn left.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raylee View Post
I'm planning a Nesba day there on the 31st. I was signed up a week ago, but it got rained out. Thanks for the review, so far I've been hearing good things.

My left turns are horrible so hopefully they'll run it counter-clockwise so I can learn to turn left.
Turning left is overrated, just make 3 quick right turns.

Have fun! It would be great to hear what you think of the track.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2013, 01:39 PM

I visited the track on my RC a couple weeks ago during a recent NESBA track day. I wasn't with the group. It just turned out they were there when I went for a ride to find this place. I didn't take the bike around the track, but Danny, one of the track personnel (owner's son?) took me out for a spin around the track and gave me a full facility tour after the last group for the day came off the track. Looked like a great track. TONS of elevation change. They are installing curbing for next year. Beautiful track surrounded by trees and nature.

Just curious how a track day will be in the fall... hopefully they have some leaf blowers ready. I spoke to a few people while I was there and everyone had really positive things to say about the track. They also had some groups test there including the AMA National Guard team and one of the electric motorcycle companies, so it must be a decent place if they are willing to test.

Could have asked for a friendlier place to visit since the gate was half closed and hosting a private event and they still let me in. Don't get turned off by the dirt road leading up to it though... it's there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode