Upstate NYish??? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Upstate NYish???

Anyone on here in upstate NY? I live in Rochester NY and I keep hearing from the local biker community how rare the rc's are. Just wanted to see if there are any locally? Rochester? Buffalo? Syracuse? Surrounding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM

I dont know much about the local community, but i am trying to make some RE investments in the Rochester area.. How would you describe it if you would?

2003 ZZR1200 - Galfer Lines, EBC HH Pads, Corbin Beetle Bags and Seat, Genmar Risers, Muzzy Full System. - Street.

2007 RSV1000R - Penske triple clicker, Ohlins forks, Ohlins steering damper, Leo Vince titanium full system, race ECU, Brembo mono-blocks, Braided lines, Race battery, etc.. - Track whore.

2004 Hemi Durango - Tow duty
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Like anything in real estate it's relative and slightly competitive. Long story slightly shorter is Rochester is not a terrible place to live. The local government isn't too shabby. We have a good foundation that keeps thins nice but taxes are higher than what you would expect in a similar city elsewhere. Taxes spike so money can be funneled to NYC just like any other metropolis in NY.

Specific to real estate, there are multiple city dwelling areas that offer different venues and a few dozen suburbs that are really dissimilar. Each suburb offers something unique with varying degree of property values. There are a half a dozen suburbs that line lake Ontario and have inflated values based on lake front properties.

The suburbs are divided by the genesee river and the money is too. Most of the eastern suburbs equate to higher value and hence more money.

If you haven't already check out www.homesteadnet.com. It's a local site that is integrated real estate in the area. If you also want deeper insight chech out zillow.com for appraisal values among other public knowledge items.

If you like it, make sure you bring your bike and let's ride!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi2big4u View Post
Like anything in real estate it's relative and slightly competitive. Long story slightly shorter is Rochester is not a terrible place to live. The local government isn't too shabby. We have a good foundation that keeps thins nice but taxes are higher than what you would expect in a similar city elsewhere. Taxes spike so money can be funneled to NYC just like any other metropolis in NY.

Specific to real estate, there are multiple city dwelling areas that offer different venues and a few dozen suburbs that are really dissimilar. Each suburb offers something unique with varying degree of property values. There are a half a dozen suburbs that line lake Ontario and have inflated values based on lake front properties.

The suburbs are divided by the genesee river and the money is too. Most of the eastern suburbs equate to higher value and hence more money.

If you haven't already check out www.homesteadnet.com. It's a local site that is integrated real estate in the area. If you also want deeper insight chech out zillow.com for appraisal values among other public knowledge items.

If you like it, make sure you bring your bike and let's ride!
This is some great info! Way more then I empected! Thank you very much.. I might have to make a trip out of it, and when I do I will definately let you know and you can show me the area a bit.

2003 ZZR1200 - Galfer Lines, EBC HH Pads, Corbin Beetle Bags and Seat, Genmar Risers, Muzzy Full System. - Street.

2007 RSV1000R - Penske triple clicker, Ohlins forks, Ohlins steering damper, Leo Vince titanium full system, race ECU, Brembo mono-blocks, Braided lines, Race battery, etc.. - Track whore.

2004 Hemi Durango - Tow duty
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM

i live in Upstate ny Near albany there is about 4 rc51's around here that i know of
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM

I'm north of Syracuse...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintwisties2011 View Post
i live in Upstate ny Near albany there is about 4 rc51's around here that i know of
I live in Albany county as well. Moved up here two years ago. Have yet to see any other RC51's out here. We should meet up and go for a ride. Going for a bear mountain run with a few friends this sunday, your welcome to join us.

CBR600RR/CBR954RR/RVT1000R (my bike)
2 Ducati 848's & a Yamaha R1 are all confirmed for this sunday so far.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox944 View Post
I live in Albany county as well. Moved up here two years ago. Have yet to see any other RC51's out here. We should meet up and go for a ride. Going for a bear mountain run with a few friends this sunday, your welcome to join us.

CBR600RR/CBR954RR/RVT1000R (my bike)
2 Ducati 848's & a Yamaha R1 are all confirmed for this sunday so far.
we are just northwest of albany and right now there is 3 of us that have rc51's and there is 1 in albany that i know of
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 09:51 PM

elmira ny here whats up rochester
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How far are you guys from the city ?? I'm always up for a ride !!! Don't have anybody to ride with since my buddy went down in July on his RC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode