Dallas area, Black 06 rc51 that rode with airbenders out of Mckinney sunday - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dallas area, Black 06 rc51 that rode with airbenders out of Mckinney sunday

I was a little upset with myself this sunday. I went to Arlington to ride with atx riderz, one of the groups I ride with, when I get home my buddy Daniel (riding KTM RC8) sent me a pic, and a guy showed up to the airbenders ride at the race track gas station in McKinney tx on a sweet looking 06 rc51 black.

Shoot me a pm if you see this, and im sure if you keep riding with airbenders, im sure I will see you.

Till you moved here, there were onlt 2 rc51's in the dallas area. Now 3, Maybe shops will start stocking gaskets now. LOL

2001 Rc51
1999 BMW K1200LT
2001 Aprilia Falco SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 09:52 AM

i bet there are more rcs in dallas than you think. def more than 3 i imagine.
good luck with you lost connection lol
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2014, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwall1 View Post
I was thinking there were too, buy when I was calling around doing some research about getting my bike tuned (maps etc), and a valve check, 2 of the 5 guys I would trust to work on my bike commented about how there were very few in the area (within a fifty mile radius or so). I'm sure that molre than a few could be found in the State of texas a friend of Adrians at a&r motorsports, said there were 3 in the area he knew about, and his buddy just sold his to a guy in Oklahoma.

Of course he doesn't know of every bike in the Dallas area. Such a great machine, but with the heat down here in the summer. It was one of the things I considered before buying my Rc. I was down to an Aprilia RSVR Factory, and the Rc. I had a Falco, and loved it, but wanted something better for the track. I decided that thr Rc was the bike for me. Fit and finish on the Apes just was not up to par, and the Rc is a sweet looking and riding bike, and it is a Honda which = bulletproof. I will be adding the 2nd fan before the temp gets turned up to broil. LOL. Oh yea there was the issue of the Ape costing a few more $ too.

One thing I know for a fact, and that is that I LOVE my Rc, and am glad I made the choice I did. Went on a twisty run on sunday, it was 72, and sunny. We rode for about 160 miles on the twisties, not to mention the 35 or so miles each way down south of dallas.

Glad I made the choice I did,

2001 Rc51
1999 BMW K1200LT
2001 Aprilia Falco SOLD

Last edited by Dave Luedecke; 01-28-2014 at 12:45 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 09:29 AM

yep gotta love it. its a hell of a bike. def different that any other bike i have ridden. im in Houston and know what you mean about the heat. my legs hate it. but as long as your moving its not to bad. if your ever in houston hit me up and ill show you some back roads.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

update/ Located

YES!!!! Another Rc to tear up the roads and track with.

2001 Rc51
1999 BMW K1200LT
2001 Aprilia Falco SOLD
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Definitely more than three. There were three in the dfw area I knew of besides myself (when I lived there)

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Looks like you have another member of this forum in your area, perhaps the bike was already in Dallas when he bought it?

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37889

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 AM

Hey you found me... lol

there are more than you think.. this bike was hardly ridden but well maintained..

I know in Vegas there was only 6 Diavels i could account for, but i knew of about 10 RC51's in vegas.. Either way it isn't a normal cookie cutter rice rocket...

Friday looks like a gorgeous day to ride and i don't have school ,so if your free we should setup a ride. I'm new to the area , i don't know much, so you could show me the spots..

Last edited by Justa4banger; 01-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2014, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justa4banger View Post
Hey you found me... lol

there are more than you think.. this bike was hardly ridden but well maintained..

I know in Vegas there was only 6 Diavels i could account for, but i knew of about 10 RC51's in vegas.. Either way it isn't a normal cookie cutter rice rocket...

Friday looks like a gorgeous day to ride and i don't have school ,so if your free we should setup a ride. I'm new to the area so i don't know much, so you could show me the spots..
I will pm u my # I was planning to ride on fri and sat. so just give me a call, and we will meet up to ride.

2001 Rc51
1999 BMW K1200LT
2001 Aprilia Falco SOLD
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Luedecke View Post
I was a little upset with myself this sunday. I went to Arlington to ride with atx riderz, one of the groups I ride with, when I get home my buddy Daniel (riding KTM RC8) sent me a pic, and a guy showed up to the airbenders ride at the race track gas station in McKinney tx on a sweet looking 06 rc51 black.

Shoot me a pm if you see this, and im sure if you keep riding with airbenders, im sure I will see you.

Till you moved here, there were onlt 2 rc51's in the dallas area. Now 3, Maybe shops will start stocking gaskets now. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwall1 View Post

mine is over here in Rockwall....but its a trackbike...sooo if you see it in Dallas, it means ALOT of modes of transportation are unavailable for me to make it into class. you'll either see my yellow and purple cbr f3 or my white honda fit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode