Richmond and area VA riders - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Richmond and area VA riders

As most of you know i am in Rich and had a bone marrow tran on Feb 1st. Went to Rich Superbike wed (my first store I've been in since out of the hos). Great bunch of guys Joey, James. Then came back and went by Quaker Steak $
& Lube. It was about 6:30 and there was a cop there lot roped off and a lot of bikes. Made a Uey went back and they were having a cruisin live band VER Y NICE SET UP !!! One of the guys parking bikes said they average 1000 bikes a week. Any body from the area go to the events on Broadstreet??? Like too meet some RC or just Honda riders. Almost NO hondas there. HOOVY

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOVY View Post
As most of you know i am in Rich and had a bone marrow tran on Feb 1st. Went to Rich Superbike wed (my first store I've been in since out of the hos). Great bunch of guys Joey, James. Then came back and went by Quaker Steak $
& Lube. It was about 6:30 and there was a cop there lot roped off and a lot of bikes. Made a Uey went back and they were having a cruisin live band VER Y NICE SET UP !!! One of the guys parking bikes said they average 1000 bikes a week. Any body from the area go to the events on Broadstreet??? Like too meet some RC or just Honda riders. Almost NO hondas there. HOOVY
I'm about 1.5 hour from Richmond ..And we go every 2e Sunday of the Month to Poe's Pub ON Main Str ( Richmond )....You will see a Lot of Bikes there.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks !!

Color01, cool so that is the 2nd Sunday of every month? I'll look into that !!The show at Quaker Steak show was very nice. Something to do every week and look forward to. What do you ride and what should look for? (nickname???) James Hoover

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOVY View Post
Color01, cool so that is the 2nd Sunday of every month? I'll look into that !!The show at Quaker Steak show was very nice. Something to do every week and look forward to. What do you ride and what should look for? (nickname???) James Hoover
My name is Herman.

Most of the time, we will be there around 10 AM ...and stay there for 1 -1.5 hour ..and then go on the bike to find a place to get something to eat...because the food is not really great at Poe's.

This mine. ..the photo below is with the New Seat.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:48 AM

I'm in Norfolk and have been thinking about going to the Quaker Steak and Lube in Newport News. I heard its mostly cruisers but I'd like to check it out. I think every Wednesday is their bike night.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Richmond

As stated before in my post I am staying in the Ext Stay on Glenside just a few blocks from the Quaker Steak & Lube on Broad street and there are plenty of sport bikes and custom sportbikes at the show here. Come on up. Do you know any of the guys at Redline MTS shop? Ride Safe Hoovy

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Lifetime Premium

The Quaker Stake and Lube............man, went there every wednesday on my 51 back when I was in Norfolk nad there are tons of crotchys course my 51 def got a lot of attention. Hey McWag, have we ridden together??? I rode with 3 RC's down in Va beach last year with Chris and another guy dont know if it was you or not.

Hoovy, when you coming out to 33!!!!!

James

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Workin On It !!!

Hey James,

If I could buddy I would be there now. Still waiting to get released to go home. Getting closer, we did get to go home for Memorial day weekend ( my 1st time since Jan 21) Man the mtns were beautiful !!!!! Don't worry I'll post A BIG post when I get released
McWag
There has only been one RC51 at the Show on Broad St and it was ROUGH. Been tracked , and down several times. Sad Should be a great night tomorrow

Come on up tom. night Herman !!!!!! Like to see a nice clean RC51 at QS&L

Hoovy

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Lifetime Premium

Sweet, glad you got to go home and cant wait to meet you..........also found out the one of the guys that lives like 100 feet from me, owns a tiller........not quite an RC but it'll do for a riding buddy for now! Best wishes Hoovy!!

James

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM

No it wasn't me. I don't know anyone else with the RC and I've only rode with one once, guy had flat black fairings on his. Would love to ride with some though. I normally ride out Hickory to Ballahack Rd. and such .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode