RC51 Forums banner

what should I sell my sato cans for?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  screamin chief 
#1 ·
So im thinking of the lady bird gp exhaust for my 03, but I have the sato banzai cans i would have to sell to help fund the ladybirds. Anyways, what should I ask, they are in great shape, a little black rub from the bands, and a tiny rock ping that you cant see. No dents or scratches. Anyone here interested in them? Thanks kids!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
some newbie exhaust questions for you:

are they terribly loud? I have the stock exhaust now, and while I would like to get a bit more sound I definitely don't want to be that "obnoxious motorcycle guy"

does switching from stock exhaust to an aftermarket require any changes to be made to the engine management? Will it negatively affect anything?

#3 ·
Im a bit of a newbie myself, you would need to have the midpipes too, cause I dont think my cans alone would attach to your midpipes. But the lady bird ones im looking at will attach to the sato mids i have. As for loud, well, the sato banzai arent too loud in my opinion, but they are louder than stock thats for sure, and I know the gp ones are a bit louder as well. And you should remap your bike after an exhaust install i believe. But maps are free on the net and easy to download. You would also need a power commander to do this as well. But i aint no expert, just going by my understanding of how this all works lol!!

#4 ·
These are the most sought after pipes on the market.

If using any aftermarket ehaust, you will need to get a PCIII and a map to keep things on the up and up.

I will send you a PM for the rest.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.