HWY 20 I5 to Winthrop - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TORQUEDORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western Wa.
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HWY 20 I5 to Winthrop

Sat is looking pretty good. Gonna be me a 929 and xb12. All experienced adult riders welcome
If you havent done the north cascade hwy you really are missing out on one of the best rides in western Wa.
Leaving from Marysville around 9am. PM me if interested. Look forward to meeting some RC riders
TORQUEDORK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am going to be in Chico this weekend and if I take the bike I will be sure to let you know and meet up.
Shonuff is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TORQUEDORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western Wa.
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Shonuff;53332]I am going to be in Chico this weekend and if I take the bike I will be sure to let you know and meet up.[/QUOTE

Im in Washington state. Thats one hell of a drive for a day trip
TORQUEDORK is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
That's a coincedence! We have a hwy 20 in our area that is a great ride too. Don't know if it hooks into I-5, but that's one of our major hwy's too. The hwy 20 I'm thinking of, Shonuff and myself, have ridden.

Have a good one TD

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ha. Marysville threw me off because, as John mentioned, there is a hwy 20 here and also a Marysville not too far off. I thought it was a trip UP to Washington rather than IN Washington.
Shonuff is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TORQUEDORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western Wa.
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Without exaggeration HWY 20 is the most beautiful ride in our state. Its a two lane hwy that winds through the cascade mountains just south of the Canadian border. Twisties are plentiful up the western side passing several lakes created by the dam system. The lakes are emerald green(no kidding) and fed by one of the largest glaciers in N America. Several switchbacks on both the west and east side could be referred to as "hairpin". And there's one long sweeper just east of the summit that is best hit in triple digits There's a old mining town called Winthrop about an hour East of the summit that caters to tourist and especially bikers, with several river side eateries and breweries to quench your appetite! I look forward to riding 20 every year. Ill take some pics for you N Cal guys
TORQUEDORK is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUEDORK View Post
Without exaggeration HWY 20 is the most beautiful ride in our state. Its a two lane hwy that winds through the cascade mountains just south of the Canadian border. Twisties are plentiful up the western side passing several lakes created by the dam system. The lakes are emerald green(no kidding) and fed by one of the largest glaciers in N America. Several switchbacks on both the west and east side could be referred to as "hairpin". And there's one long sweeper just east of the summit that is best hit in triple digits There's a old mining town called Winthrop about an hour East of the summit that caters to tourist and especially bikers, with several river side eateries and breweries to quench your appetite! I look forward to riding 20 every year. Ill take some pics for you N Cal guys
Ok, I'm going to hold you to that. When you get your pictures, I'll take some of our Hwy 20 and post them up too. Is your Hwy 20 state or US hwy?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TORQUEDORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western Wa.
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Ok, I'm going to hold you to that. When you get your pictures, I'll take some of our Hwy 20 and post them up too. Is your Hwy 20 state or US hwy?
State route 20 North cascade loop. Google
TORQUEDORK is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUEDORK View Post
Without exaggeration HWY 20 is the most beautiful ride in our state. Its a two lane hwy that winds through the cascade mountains just south of the Canadian border. Twisties are plentiful up the western side passing several lakes created by the dam system. The lakes are emerald green(no kidding) and fed by one of the largest glaciers in N America. Several switchbacks on both the west and east side could be referred to as "hairpin". And there's one long sweeper just east of the summit that is best hit in triple digits There's a old mining town called Winthrop about an hour East of the summit that caters to tourist and especially bikers, with several river side eateries and breweries to quench your appetite! I look forward to riding 20 every year. Ill take some pics for you N Cal guys

No doubt the prettiest ride in Washington, and if you can hit it on a weekday without too much traffic, keeping up a steady 85-90mph through those long sweepers, it's blast. The reality is though, most of time you spend waiting for your opportunity to pass a line of motorhomes.

The best motorcycle road I've come across in Washington state is the Spiral Hwy in Clarkston, WA.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
TORQUEDORK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western Wa.
Posts: 413
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
No doubt the prettiest ride in Washington, and if you can hit it on a weekday without too much traffic, keeping up a steady 85-90mph through those long sweepers, it's blast. The reality is though, most of time you spend waiting for your opportunity to pass a line of motorhomes.

The best motorcycle road I've come across in Washington state is the Spiral Hwy in Clarkston, WA.
Ill have to look into that one! Nothing better than finding new pavement
TORQUEDORK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome