How far it's come... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
How far it's come...

Well this forum is 3 years old this past February.
Back in 2008 it was a freshly minted and had was frankly...boring.

There weren't that many members back then and not too many messages were added on a daily basis.
I myself, lurked around until joining in October of 2008.

However in 2009, it reached critical threshold and new members began joining more and more often.
And in 2010 it really reached critical mass and began attracting members all over the world.

Just to let everyone know how far it's come, back in 2008 we had practically zip for members.
Today, we have 3076 members, and going.

And get this, the most members we had online at one time was last month on June 20, 2011 with 1749 members (not visitors) online.

So give yourselves a pat on the back for making it a great place to discuss, learn, and help others with the best V-twin Honda has made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Thats Awesome! Im glad to be part of the family here, and its all because of the RC

"...Loctite -- or kiss your nuts goodbye..."
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This site is a resource that every RC owner should know about and use. Hopefully the site continues to grow and the information helps more owners learn about their RC and its pedigree.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Hey SubSailor, that's pretty impressive growth. It's cool that you put that info up. The international exposure this forum has is really awesome to me. People all over the world adding their input does two major worthwhile things: Keeps it interesting, and the wealth of info and facts about the RC51 is mindboggling. And without a doubt, my RC51 is MUCH better off because of this forum!!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Awesome, i remember when i first joined up this forum was dead.....it was me, subsailor and a handful of others. Sub, you were the only one posting daily. i remember waiting for weeks to read a new thread, especially during the winter months. There were quite a few threads of members literally asking where everyone was and why it was so dead. It's really picked up this past year and i've made a ton of close friends from this forum alone. Really great to see and be a part of. seems like more guys from speedzilla are also drifting over this way for some extra RC action.
Its getting better and better thanks to many of you regulars Subsailor, Stig, Madbuyer, Jondog9, Screamin Chief, James 03 RC, and many others i know i'm forgetting. Always get excited to read your posts and see what new info is out there on this glorious bike.
Checking this forum has become a daily routine.....listen to me i sound like a junkie getting his daily high......but it is awesome, just wish more of you were closer so we could do a meet and hang out in person. Maybe one day. Till then keep it up, its been a pleasure knowing and learning from all of you. Can't wait to see the forum keep growing.....and thanks especially for you Sub, your knowledge and dedication has truly kept this forum a float even in the slow times.

Paul

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Thanks Subsailor. I can imagine getting an online community off the ground for a bike that's no longer in production is no easy task. I'm a relative newcomer here. Was on Speedzilla for a short time before, but I find the conversations here a bit more interesting so I've migrated.

Definitely learnt a lot about the SP2 since being here and met a few cool people too.
As the SP2 will probably be a bike I keep for it's lifetime, I for one would like to see this forum continue to grow, in quality probably more than quantity, as there can't be all that many hardcore RC owners left out there...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 08:43 PM

I just recently joined. I'm glad I found it and I didn't even have to pay to join. It's been very helpful for me already...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Definate Thumbs UP!!!

I am on both Seedzilla and here and both are informative and interesting, not to mention entertaining. I have met great people shared great stories and learned A LOT. As some of you know it has been a trying 2 1/2 years for me and these sites have been all I have had for motorcycle action. I am weeks away from getting to come home (Lord willing) and looking forward to riding. I have been home 4 weekends in a row and worked on my RC each weekend, really a great feeling. Getting it back together and fire it up will be awesome.
Thanks to those who got it started and are keeping it going
RIDE SAFE Hoovy

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.

Last edited by HOOVY; 07-10-2011 at 10:50 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Subsailer thanks for the info it is really interesting on how the site has grown. I can only hope it continues to grow even more. I also want to thank you for bringing the Bike of the Month back. It is great to see all the rides.

2004 RC51 with multipul mods
1985 VF1000R SOLD 😭
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I guess I joined before all you people? Does that make me old?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode