Tornado season - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Tornado season

I hope everyone's family and friends are safe during this crazy tornado outbreak.

Seeing today's Oklahoma tornado puts things in a whole new perspective.

Let me know if any of you folks need some assistance.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My family made it out OK. I have an aunt and cousin that live in Moore. Aunt's house is gone but she's fine, cousin got missed by a few blocks. My dad's place got a little shook up on Sunday with the tornado that started in Edmond but all is well there.

Just so happened that we went into contract on a house in Newcastle Monday morning! Talk about heart sinking when you hear a tornado is developing there. It passed about a mile north of our new house.

We all barely escaped the May 3rd storm back in 99. In 03 my brother was chased down the street in Moore by that twister. Moral of the story: no matter how bad the storm is us Okies are that much more strong

That or ignorance are why I bought a house smack dab in the middle of the most active tornado region on earth. Well that and I want to get back to doing prn SAR for the local counties.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Glad you checked in and all are in good shape. A storm that huge I know you still know folks affected. I have my tornado stories too. Mostly from a harmless distance, only one semi direct hit....barn blown over

Ha...Oklahoma homes without underground shelters, no fecking way. Time to buy an old sea container and bury that bitch. You might find one or two still floating out in the Pacific.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

I'd love to have one of those conex containers buried in a hill....then I'd have room for the RC should it get a bit nasty.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hig View Post
I'd love to have one of those conex containers buried in a hill....then I'd have room for the RC should it get a bit nasty.
I hear ya....I'd live in the damn thing. Some of those "Doomsday Shelters" are nicer than some homes.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

This thread is worthless without pics....

View from my cousins house, 5 miles north from our new houseClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353068.621576.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	16609

Shot off the news taken quite literally over my house.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353117.204304.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	16617

Lookin for folksClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353285.766435.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	16625
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353310.565183.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	16633Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1369353323.115581.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	16641

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Amazing photos and even more amazing more folks were not killed.

If it were me....time to dig a deep hole and start that shelter now.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Well we do have the best weather folks you can get. The NWS Severe Storm Laboratory is right there in Norman, so there is a large focus on this type of weather. If you grow up in OK you are granted an honorary meteorology degree, lol. These things coupled with a huge storm chaser culture and lessons learned from the past all play a part in the small number of casualties. That being said, those killed were almost all doing the right thing, just so happened it was in a place that couldn't hang with the super strong twister.

I'm going to be installing an underground for the living things and a safe room for the important non living things...mainly supplies, tools, ammo, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode