Let's help a Doc out - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Let's help a Doc out

Our good friend Muhammad Atif has a passion for our beloved bikes. I love that! The RC51 is a pretty unique bike.I have also observed how much he likes pictures, and after all his participation in this forum, I'd like to start a thread to throw up some random pictures.

For the times when you need some visual RC51 stuff buddy! and the occasional random picture.
Keep it clean, Atif's a family man.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I looked thru my Photobucket pics and only found one I hadn't already posted.

Fortunately The Doc likes non-RC pics, too.

So here are our cats.

post #3 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:09 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Don't forget he's also our neighborhood novelist.
Keep them coming Doc, they're always a great insight into something.

James

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #4 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:10 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok this last one for now is March 1967 my father, mother, oldest sister myself and one of my brothers still in my moms belly...Philippines.

Last edited by nobody; 09-07-2013 at 02:16 AM.
post #5 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:21 AM
Lifetime Premium

post #6 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post

Man that looks like a nice ride but you need more corners

this image is also a link to the Google maps page

Last edited by James_03_rc; 09-07-2013 at 02:50 AM.
post #7 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Banned

Thanks bro...but honestly the map doesn't do it justice, the large loop is close to 800kms that's a good day trip.

I will post pics of this crazy little side road I found while fishing...there is 22kms of pure twisties goodness one way in and out.its of stuff like that here mostly roads that end up at a lake.

post #8 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 04:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
A Picture Worth A Thousand Words. And My Thousand Words !

Thanks for such a great idea, John. I like pictures, like the shot of the RC in front of the Roseville City sign, because I can feel myself actually being there.
I can almost feel the cool, fresh breeze in that picture, as the one that Nobody posted of his RC in a parking lot with trees & hills in the background. I like to imagine myself in the pictures that I see on the Forum. And that is a great shot of your Mom & Dad with your sister, Nobody. Looking at that black & white picture with the clothes from the sixties, reminds me of the old shots of my Mom & dad as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a single one with me. They're either with my brother in Houston or my Mom in Pakistan. And who can forget those pointy sunglasses & shoes from that time ?
And thanks for those maps, Nobody & James. I shall look on Google Earth & see what the "street view" offers.

I love cats, Extrapolator. Looking at those tabbys brought my blood pressure down 10 points. Wish I could have one, but I would not be able to handle the added responsibility. My daughter who is 5, keeps asking me to get her one. Maybe when she's old enough to take care of a living creature.

James, looking at your immaculate engine block makes me want to rush out to my "Mechanic" to clean my engine bay as well. I'll get it done when I get my shipment of my rear cowl with the OEM air filters & get them put on the bike by the "Mechanic". I must get a hold of him next week because he is supposed to help me ship Stigs' parts to the UK. It's been long enough. Otherwise, you might read a thread called "Muhammad Atif Is A Terrible Shipper", if I don't get to it sooner rather than later (!). Just ask John how long it took for him to get the fuel tank.

The reason I share some of my experiences is that I've learnt a lot in life listening to what other people have gone through & reflecting upon that. I'm not on Face Whatchamacallit or any other "social media" site. Don't have any desire to do so. Leaves a lot of time for the family & admiring the RC.

Recently wrote about a serious incidence in Med. School that involved someone losing their life. I did not finish my narrative. Here's how things escalated in that situation for that unfortunate incident to happen.
I used to live in the dorms & there were two separate areas near the Med. School that housed a couple hundred students. One of my classfellows, NB, brought his girlfriend to his dorm. Females were not allowed to enter dorm rooms in the all male hostel, just as male students were not allowed to enter female dorm rooms in a separate housing area.
Well, he was asked not to do that by a group of students from a student wing of a conservative political party. The guilty guy, NB, was a hot head & got into some verbal arguments & threatened the guys who had admonished him. He went to a senior medical student, who was more like the "Hostel Thug", who rounded up some more of his goons. They then went looking for the group of students who had asked NB not to bring any girl to the dorms. A fight then took place & one of the goons took out a knife & slashed the neck of one of the opposing group of students. That victim also happened to be someone whom I'd shared a room with, when I first got to Med. School. He was a very quiet & studious gent. Another in that group, who got assaulted, was also someone I knew in my class. We were 2 yrs. out from graduation when all this occurred.
Since we were close to the ER Surgical Trauma Team at the hospital, my friend was immediately rushed by some of my colleagues into surgery for a serious injury to his Carotid Artery. He survived, but was very fortunate that he did.
NB, the guy who escalated all this, then disappeared from class, the dorms & in fact the city for several months. I'd heard that his father personally came from out of town to try & apologize for his son's behavior. Too bad it wasn't accepted, as NB did not make that gesture himself.
Well, during the ENT exam paper in our last year of med. School, NB showed up to take his graduation year exams. The ENT theory exam was 2 hours long. NB was sitting in front of me, but got up after only an hour, handed in his answer sheets, & left the Examination Hall. That's odd, I remember thinking to myself. There was no way he could've finished all of the ENT questions in an hour.
When I came out of the Hall & went to the Cafeteria, there was some commotion. Found out that barely an hour earlier, NB was sitting there eating, when a car pulled up outside, 3 - 4 guys jumped out & forcibly took NB with them. Nobody knew who had taken NB.
After 3 days of hearing nothing of what happened to NB, there was a body dumped out of a car in front of a major hospitals' ER. Turned out to be NB. He was dead.
One of the doctors who did NB's autopsy was the older brother of one of my classfellows & a good friend. He'd told him that he'd never, ever seen signs of such horrendous torture on any autopsy he'd ever done. There was not a single patch of NB's skin that was not marked by cigarette burns. His nails had been removed. Nearly every bone in his body was broken, including small bones like fingers & large bones like legs, arms etc. There was sand & water in his lungs. And other horrific details that my brain wishes not to remember.
After this episode, the guys in my class, who were involved in the initial fight, disappeared.
Apart from NB & those thugs he was involved with, I never could've imagined any of the guys I knew, who were involved in all of this, to be connected in any way to such a misfortunate incidence. They were likely not involved directly but probably knew who was.
I only met one of them by happenstance a decade later, who'd told me that he'd gone to South Africa for several years, when the police came looking. Luckily, I wasn't even remotely involved so the rinky dink cops never questioned me. Which is surprising because in a case like this, or any other for that matter, the Keystone Kops will pick up every one associated or in any way related to a "suspect" This may include the alleged suspects' 90 yr. old grandma in a nursing home !!
You may ask yourself where I was during the fight in the dorms, when NB got that Dorm Thug & Goons to attack the admonishing group of students ?
Where else could I be Gentlemen ?
I was on my bike, out for the ride of the day ! But boy, what a terrible ending to that day it was.

I shall post up Ride Pics of my bike ride last night later.
Take Care, Gents. And thank you all for listening, caring & sharing. For, as you already may know, sharing is caring.

P.S. Picture with a group of "other friends", with the main Med. School building in the background.
P.S.# 2: I'm 2nd. from the right & my colleague, "The Psychiatrist", who now lives in Baltimore, MD. & who is itching to prescribe VERY strong anti-psychotic drugs for me, is 3rd. from the right. Right next to me. How prophetic !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Atif.Khizer Pic.Patiala Bk. KEMC.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	27529  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 09-07-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Wanted everyone to see my colleague & good friend, "The Psychiatrist"
post #9 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
This is downtown Indianapolis during the MotoGP, anyone is welcome and y'all should come at least once. Ijust realized those folks in the lower part of the picture are moving really fast.

Cell phone pic....Motleyfan and I got to hang out during the festivities too, great time. Motleyfan if you see this, post up a better picture, I know you took one.)

Cal Crutchlow.....all in a days work.

My favourite, riding in the clouds, which is where my head usually is....

Great weather picture....another Indiana summer day. This did develop into a tornado some 30 miles away as I found out.

That is it for now, I'll post up some later Doc, you really should move back to the US for two reasons...emergency rooms are busy here and we need to ride some time.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

Last edited by madbuyer; 09-07-2013 at 08:32 AM.
post #10 of 377 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 09:16 AM

I love this thread, great idea jondog. Here's a couple of my wife and I riding and what not, my son in there too!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1378559452360.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	27537   Click image for larger version

Name:	1378559485252.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	27545   Click image for larger version

Name:	1378559510623.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	27553   Click image for larger version

Name:	1378559629154.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	27561   Click image for larger version

Name:	1378559723183.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	27569  

2003 Rc51
Carbon Sato Banzais
Kyle racing clip-ons

2009 Ninja 250r (Wife's)
Yosh slip on
Roaring toyz lowering kit
Fender eliminator

1967 Mustang
289 ci C4 Auto
Tri-Y headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode