Run-ins with cops - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Run-ins with cops

Well, some recent talk about cops on here got me thinking, why not a lounge thread about all of your favorite stories of run-ins with the po-po!

I'll start, late one evening coming home from a friends house on my sv650, about 1am. He lives out in the country, so amazing curvy roads to and from his house. So, there's about a 7 mile stretch of curves that I had done many times before, dumps out on the major highway that runs through Springfield. When I first leave and start into the curves, I see a car pull up behind me, I think nothing of it as I procede to shred the many glorious curves ahead. I don't see the car again, until I hit the highway, and I see three other cars with red white and blue lights flashing all around me. I was already doing 90 ish down the on ramp at this point. Haha, so as I'm pooping my pants, I pull over and take my helmet off, thinking I am going to jail for sure. (I averaged about 80 mph through the whole stretch, couple times hitting 110 in a 35 zone.) I've never been so nervous in my life. Three local cop cars, one state trooper get out of their cars and procede my way. One asks for license and registration, and the others just watch. I give him my papers, and he gives it back to me, then they all start laughing! One guy says, "Man, that was some good riding back there." And the others were like, yea man, nice job. Haha, I couldn't believe they were letting me off! The car that was behind me at the start of the curves was the first cop, he must have tried to catch me the whole time, radioed to the others that were waiting at the end of the stretch timing me through those couple miles to judge my speed. Scariest moment of my life. They let me off, no ticket, no warning, nothing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2003 Rc51
Carbon Sato Banzais
Kyle racing clip-ons

2009 Ninja 250r (Wife's)
Yosh slip on
Roaring toyz lowering kit
Fender eliminator

1967 Mustang
289 ci C4 Auto
Tri-Y headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
i have no stories about the police because i never stop to let them make one.

the only cop that has come up to me asked me when parked "hey man what kinda ducati is that, sounds like a harley had sex with a helicopter"

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 03:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
A long time ago I used to stop cops in the UK for speeding. No kidding...
I'd see them not on an emergency, doing 40mph or so in a 30 and follow them then do EXACTLY what they would do to me... starting with pulling them over.

Then I'd say something like, "Officer, I'm disgusted with your driving. I've just followed you through town in a 30 mph zone and you were doing an indicated 45" and I will be reporting you, etc.

I had one try and tell me he had a licence to drive at whatever speed he felt appropriate, so I challenged him on that. Then he tried to intimidate me by calling a van load of cops, but that just got one more of them reported for using foul language. Shortly after stopping this local bobby in his Panda car, I went to the police station and made a full & formal written complaint. I got a letter of apology from the Superintendent some weeks later.

They can't turn it around and say you were speeding - so they're in a difficult position if they really weren't on an emergency. I'd usually stop them at a traffic light as they waited...

Did this a few times, but the novelty wore off eventually and I realised I was being as much of a hypocrite as they, since I would speed habitually.

I do have a better story of having gotten a cop into quite heavy trouble for harrasment - when I caught him knocking on my door when he was off-duty but in uniform. But it's a long story for another time. Can't say I like the Police much. They're better in Japan than elsewhere, although I prefer to avoid them completely. If I do get stopped I usually get a healthy appetite for humble pie. Yummy yummy!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Most cops rides motorcycles or at least 75% of the ones I know do. I have stopped motorcycle before just to check out there bike. Cops know that most bikers won't pull over and will try to run, So when one pulls over it's appreciated.

It sounds like the cop you ran into was getting ready for you to run, so when you stopped It really surprise him.
And a little word for all you runners. it's all ways one officer out there that will chase you until the end ( I will let you guess what that is) I don't stop bikers for one reason, some idiot will run and some will die.
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Have you ever chopped the throttle doing 50 mph in a 20 mph hairpin ?

Me either ! So as I pick-up throttle on exit and sight the hilly straight road ahead of me the light-rack and windsheild of the cop are confirmed afew hills down the road and only after the turn was completed was I able to reduce speed and un-tuck trying my best to look casual...
He and I pass going opposite directions and I know damn well to keep a keen eye thru the arm pit and into the MR mirror...

SHIT the light-rack just popped-up for a second on a hill behind me F**K there it is again okay time to sit up and look at the cows and stuff like the speedo and mirrors and more cows and POP !!! GOES THE CHERRIES

As quickly as possible I pulled over shut it off and hardly remembered to lower the sidestand and as my helmet came off he was beside me asking me for lic. and ins. as I remained seated on the bike I set my helmet on the ground (Yes for an old guy I am still that flexible

I noticed a look on his face when he realized I was not a teenager and in full gear for a reason.

Next came the question...Do-you know why I pulled you over and I said yes sir I took that turn too fast and I hardly ever horse around on the street and only on the track and handed him my license and showed him my race license and insurance and apologized profusely.

He came back and told me I was clocked at 50 in a 30 and to NEVER speed in his area again and to ride safe.

So I took my time gearing-up and putting my things away hoping to god he would leave before the wrath of the SATO's would get him riled and me ticketed thank god he pulled a u turn.
Then I rode home limp dicked on the last early morning country ride I felt like taking.

There is just too much at stake on the street and waaay to much bling on the bike to track or race it so now I am the proud owner of a useless piece of kit that gets dusted and stared at to the point of obsession.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	37738   Click image for larger version

Name:	isanti 2010 1243.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	37746  

Last edited by wingnutt; 12-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
i have no stories about the police because i never stop to let them make one.

the only cop that has come up to me asked me when parked "hey man what kinda ducati is that, sounds like a harley had sex with a helicopter"
Ha, thats great. Thats probably the best description of what the rc sounds like.

2003 Rc51
Carbon Sato Banzais
Kyle racing clip-ons

2009 Ninja 250r (Wife's)
Yosh slip on
Fender eliminator

1967 Mustang
289 ci C4 Auto
Tri-Y headers
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Great story wingnutt, since I have had a couple close calls, and still never got a ticket, I too have quieted my ways. I just dont want to risk it! I have never and will never run from a cop, thats just crazy talk. Even though I know I can outrun them. My town is too small, and I know quite a few of them that go to my church.

Kpowe, I guess your right, they must have thought I was going to run, and probably saw how scared I was and had some sympathy on me! Taught me a lesson for sure. I used to speed all the time back in the day, but I just can't anymore, now having a young child, there's too much else to live for! I do like a nice track day though.

Stig, yea I understand what your saying, I too see cops speeding and running lights and stop signs on a weekly basis. It makes me so angry when I see it. I see countless ambulances and police turn their lights on just to get around traffic and what not. I have seen plenty on the phone, texting, eating, etc while driving. It makes me sick. I know everybody makes mistakes but, this is a blatant disregard for what the law is there for. I think if you make the decision to become a cop, and speak the oath to uphold the law, you should follow it to a T, as well as be an example to others! My 2 cents!

2003 Rc51
Carbon Sato Banzais
Kyle racing clip-ons

2009 Ninja 250r (Wife's)
Yosh slip on
Fender eliminator

1967 Mustang
289 ci C4 Auto
Tri-Y headers
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Running from cops, you guys make me laugh. Just stop and use your negotiation skills. It always works for me.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Running from cops, you guys make me laugh. Just stop and use your negotiation skills. It always works for me.
The worst you do mate is run a stop sign! That bike of yours has never gone above the speed limit or beyond 3000 rpms. Haha.

I've tormented the police officers back in England too many times to mention. Now I'm a father though and living in the US, I'm a lot more behaved. Too many pigs over here. Cops, Sheriff, Highway Patrol, State Police...land of the free? Pfff. Whatever. lol.

2000 RC51 SP1
2007 Yamaha YZ450f
2002 Yamaha YZ125 (sold)
2007 Triumph Speed Triple (sold)
2004 Triumph Speed Triple (sold)
2001 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (sold)
1996 Honda RVF NC35 (sold)
1983 Kawasaki KX60 (wrecked)
1982 BSA Scrambler (wrecked)
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpSP1 View Post
The worst you do mate is run a stop sign! That bike of yours has never gone above the speed limit or beyond 3000 rpms. Haha.
All this from a dislocated Brit....poppycock you wanker.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode