Supermembers: The Stig! & Jetfuel! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Supermembers: The Stig! & Jetfuel!

I paid Jetfuel for the RC51 shirt (as others did) but I doubt he made any money at all on it, and maybe even lost money (sure hope not) ... and then out of the clear blue I received an awesome hat and pass from The Stig from the Japanese MotoGP race he attended recently ... so awesome He must've remembered that I said I love red

Just posting a big huge thanks to both of these RC51forums.com Supermembers ... a new title I just coined

(wrong bike, I know, but you get the idea that the hat and shirt are fantastic)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Suweeetttt!!!!!!!!

Riding is what keeps you on your toes...
~BOTM - April 2016, May 2015, September 2014~
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 10:20 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Nice hat EX.

Not dealt with Jetfuel but Luckyadam says he is good stuff when I spoke on the phone with him - get an RC man.

The Stig is supermember that is for damn sure.
He has helped many guys out here and has also helped me out more times then I can remember.

Cheers to both of you gents.
DH

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Huge huge agreement for The Stig! I got a hat too and a t-shirt from Motegi MotoGP, both with signatures, and Stig even had my rearsection cowl signed by Nicky Hayden.
Big props to Jetfuel too. He jumped right into the forum and got us affordable and bitch'n T-shirts. No easy feat, if you review some of the t-shirt threads from the past...

Thank you to both The Stig and Jetfuel! You guys are exemplary!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Aw, thanks extrapolator. Good to see you!
Thanks jondog9 too - both of you already said thanks via PM too. Duckhunter as well, even though I'm waiting to send him some calipers together with another hat.

I get pleasure from helping you guys out - puts a smile on my face. Only thing I'm sorry about is I couldn't get all hats signed. I'm sure you guys would all (& have) helped me in the past too.

I don't wear hats usually (except a bike helmet, winter & snowboarding! ) so I don't collect them and my t-shirts usually get stained with oil, etc. from work, hobbies, etc.
so I have no use for this stuff myself - therefore I may as well get it for those who do.

The only thing I really wanted signed was my cowl and Rossi, Hayden & Edwards all signed it last year, so that's that done. Good thing too, since I was pretty sure Colin was about to retire after such a long Moto GP career.

I was glad to get the cowl signed for you John - especially as you sent it along complete with 2 sharpies - ON Saturday morning I'd kinda thought - I'd forgotten to bring permanent markers!!! - then I looked in the package and realised you'd thought of everything!

I'll try to get some more things signed for a few more members next year. I'm sure I'll be invited into the moto GP pits again.
Carlos has also threatened to get on a plane and join me for the 2015 event. That would be cool. I miss my local RC51 buddy.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, there are a lot of great guys on this forum.

You kind of have the "Roman Emperor" look of when he raced for the Yamaha Marlboro era.

Since you love red would I qualify as a Supermember if I took that hideous, plain Jane, white ZX14 off your hand for a couple of grand?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Oh good grief, dont put me up there with stig...hes got wayyyyy more time in here doing things than I do. I have already seen numerous threads of him sending various bits to people for little to no reason and/or payback. So unless he sells out and moves on to a honda goldwing then I'm not about to catch up to his level

That being said, we are arguing about tshirt round two right now

1986 Honda Interceptor...learned on it
1988 Yamaha Radian...wheelied on it
1990 Yamaha FZR...friend totaled it
1997 Honda Shadow...wife stole it
1998 Yamaha YZF...noob tree'd it
2002 Honda 954RR...just sold it
2005 RC51...finally found it

...if I stop runnin' the evil little clowns will get me!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 05:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfuel View Post
Oh good grief, dont put me up there with stig...hes got wayyyyy more time in here doing things than I do. I have already seen numerous threads of him sending various bits to people for little to no reason and/or payback. So unless he sells out and moves on to a honda goldwing then I'm not about to catch up to his level

That being said, we are arguing about tshirt round two right now
You've already overtaken me Jetfuel. The number of times I've helped others I can probably count on one hand - you, sir - have helped countless people already and you're still pulling away into the distance!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
I'm really proud to be a member in this forum......cross my heart!

My ÷hlins Project: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Congratulation to MakisRC51 for winning the 2014 Bike Of The Year Contest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode