And as I predicted.....Dorna sucks balls again - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
And as I predicted.....Dorna sucks balls again

F1 in jeopardy because Bernie E, is a greedy a$$hole.

Future Of Austin's F1 Race Reportedly In Jeopardy After Texas Cuts Its Contribution

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
From an unrelated article on sports viewership, overall viewing of F1 races has been declining, mostly because fans no longer consider the sport "exciting".
This was attributed to the recent changes, where the current much quieter turbo cars are compared to Prius racing.
Bernie may need to reevaluate his empire and start backing off the price tag, lest he see his sport dwindle more.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
You said it ! You do have ESP N

Growing old is mandatory , Growing up is Optional
BOTM / April 2014 , October 2016
Clint / 2000 RC51 #414

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
So what does this have to do with Dorna sucking balls? Besides maybe COTA won't be around long.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Dorna just does suck balls, but not sure why it's relevant here. Madbayer, have you been drinking again?

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Well with so many people staring down at their smart phone like zombies these days, it seems not much else is exciting to them.

I know of several 'kids' in their 20's now who had no interest in driving when they turned the age to be eligible. That was incredibly shocking to me ... as every single person I ever knew before that was at the DMV on the very day of their 16th birthday to take their driving test and get their license.

I guess it makes me old to observe that younger folks today don't care as much to enjoy the freedom of driving (riding!) as soon as humanly possible like it used to be ... but those same people are also not as likely to care about racing ... of any kind.

Where is this all headed?
Burntclutches likes this.

Last edited by extrapolator; 11-11-2015 at 11:30 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Yep, it's horrible. Whilst in Portugal this summer I had dinner with a couple of female friends from my childhood. They told me some of the dates they go out with sit at a dinner table looking at their phones and texting, etc. WTF! - that's impolite when a lady makes an effort to dress up to go out with you for an evening.

Most of my male cousins (I have about 30 in all) of my age like cars and some like bikes too, but the youngest who are in their 20's are only interested in cars which have Bluetooth and are Automatic, easy to drive, etc. with all the modern gizmos.
Said younger cousins father had a beautiful 1987 911 Carrera Turbo in California, which was an amazing car. I loved driving that when I was in my 20's.
His kids didn't want it, so out of revenge he sold it a couple of years ago, along with his 1968 Carrera 356 convertible.

Told him he should have given the 911 Turbo to me, I'd have looked after it, but by then it was too late!

I expect we'll have Prius GP someday and one of the skills will be how much you can text per lap. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Seriously though, the reasons for the decline in interest are today's draconian speeding laws, cars that are too complicated for teenagers to tinker on together with their fathers and fuel, etc. getting so much more expensive than in previous generations.

Fortunately my son who is 3 can already recognise a Skyline, or RX-7 and tell the difference between a performance car and one that isn't. He loves riding on his CRF50 with me and also on the Husky 450, sitting on the front. Why? Because it's loud & fast.
Just gotta get them hooked as early as possible. Go-carting will come when he's around 5 and it'll progress. He won't have a "smart" phone till he's an adult, these can make us stupid!
We don't have the TV hooked up to the wall and it's just a smallish flat screen. Kids should be outside playing around, getting bruised and being creative - whilst learning with other kids, not watching mindless TV, messaging their friends, or playing computer games.
Motleyfan, ezno and Burntclutches like this.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.

Last edited by The Stig; 11-11-2015 at 10:56 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
aw man i'd kill for a 356. my grandfather had two, but sold them long before my time.

if i ever have kids they'll know the value of mechanical inclination. sadly dirty hands aren't cool anymore, but they should be
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Prices of classic Porsche parts got too much for my uncle. Couple of $100 for switches, things like that. Probably worse now.

I remember driving the 356 in Toronto where it was stored for some years whilst he & family were living outside the U.S. and people giving the thumbs up, or saying "nice replica".

I was just talking with a friend on Facetime who moved back to the States about how to cultivate the interest his teenage son is developing in cars (I got my buddy a stunning Skyline GT-R which helped spark his son's enthusiasm). We agreed probably best to buy him his first car now and let him fix it up. Something simple and mechanical like a Beetle.
My son already plays with nuts and bolts and loses my tools, but it's a small price to pay. It starts like that, as early as possible...

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2015, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
i started with an 86 mazda rx7 gx. pretty easy car to work on actually, and given their tendency to flood in the cold you learn a lot about them getting them running again. i sold it to buy my first bike and that's when the real wrenching began

i WILL own a porsche one day, i'm kind of done with the japanese boy racer cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode