Aftermarket brake rotor questions - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Aftermarket brake rotor questions

Who makes the best rotors for our bikes?
How much weight difference is there between wave rotors and the stock units?
My bike sees "spirited" street action and the track a few times a year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm kind of shooting from the hip here, but I'm pretty sure a wave rotor doesn't weigh any less by design than a round rotor. The idea is about heat dispersion throughout the rotor (the outer edge has more friction than the inner edge on a round rotor). For all-out weight loss, look at a superbike rotor, the contact patch and rotor itself are very narrow compared to a street rotor, but they are only meant to last a race or two.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I just ordered EBC Pro-Lite contour rotors along w/ Double H pads. Will mount and bed-in this weekend. I'll let you know how they feel..............
BTW, only replacing rotors 'cuz of the dreaded front lock on the disc and the inevitabvle oopps......

ARSEY51

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 PM

dont forget to update, im eyeballin thos EBCs as well!

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Lifetime Premium

I'm runnings Alth's wave rotors (Sadly, no longer being imported. GREAT bang for the buck) and they are at least a pound or more lighter, per rotor. Also, the feeling in hand favored of the aftermarket rotors as being lighter...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:05 AM

Any news on the EBC rotors?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Installed and rotors and new HH pads this past weekend, still bedding in pads/rotors. Big improvement over the stock rotors, but then my right stock rotor was a little warped, resulting in pulsating,bad feel, etc. The new EBC's and HH pads, so far are a plus, no pulsating, quiet, less effort, good bite, and they work. I'll post pics on next posting. the only downside, and this is really a nit, is that the carriers are polished aluminum, and I was expecting a yellow powder coat on the carriers, similar to whats in their ads, but not a big deal. What other info would you like? Again, I will post pics later tonite, when I have access to my real camera. My phone doesn't take good pics......

ARSEY51

Last edited by ARSEY51; 06-25-2010 at 05:13 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSEY51 View Post
Installed and rotors and new HH pads this past weekend, still bedding in pads/rotors. Big improvement over the stock rotors, but then my right stock rotor was a little warped, resulting in pulsating,bad feel, etc. The new EBC's and HH pads, so far are a plus, no pulsating, quiet, less effort, good bite, and they work. I'll post pics on next posting. the only downside, and this is really a nit, is that the carriers are polished aluminum, and I was expecting a yellow powder coat on the carriers, similar to whats in their ads, but not a big deal. What other info would you like? Again, I will post pics later tonite, when I have access to my real camera. My phone doesn't take good pics......
I ordered the EBC HH pads along with the Gafler steelbraided lines and clutch cable. My bike stops a 100% better. I cant wait to get some slotted and drilled rotos and some bigger piston calibers next. Any ideas on the calibers?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Old & Slow Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyticworm View Post
I cant wait to get some slotted and drilled rotos and some bigger piston calibers next. Any ideas on the calibers?

How much are you willing to spend on "calipers"?

BTW, you can't go wrong with anything Brembo.....rotors, calipers and masters are all amazing!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njracer View Post
How much are you willing to spend on "calipers"?

BTW, you can't go wrong with anything Brembo.....rotors, calipers and masters are all amazing!
Not sure on the price, my goal is to get "quality" over price but everyone does have a limit. I am also saving on a new suspension for my bike to be put on this winter. I have heard that a 6 piston break caliber is better then the 4 psiton set up we have now. So still looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode