Power commander on otherwise stock bike. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power commander on otherwise stock bike.

Hi All

Due to some very strict noise regulations at my local track (see below) I'm going to stick with stock exhaust system, is it worth adding a power commander?

Quote:
Lakeside Raceway Additional Terms and Conditions

1. Noise restrictions do apply: ADR compliant standard exhaust systems only. No aftermarket exhaust pipes/mufflers or cans. All trackworthy bikes with ADR compliant exhausts will be accepted.
2. No engine noise until 9am in the morning.
* If the Council official deems your bike too noisy, no refunds/transfers can be given. The measure is 95dB trackside anywhere around the circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 08:17 AM
zam

For track use, I am not sure if it is worth the money on a stock bike, normally the revs should be high enough, but in my opinion, the throttle response is better and the power delivery more smooth specially with low RPM.

btw.I would think that if your aftermarket system is not extremely loud it would clear 95dB trackside, but if only stock is allowed there is nothing to do about it.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Its the best $275 you'll ever spend on the bike IMO

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Thinking about it some more I may get some slipons and PC and just put the stock system and PC map back on the night before going to the track.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 AM

Why not get the pipe & airbox + intake...once done..fix PC3 & dynoed it..no point u fix slip on & PC3 & dyno it...It just waste of money...

As for me..saving some money to buy radiator scoop & dyno it in Dec..
Rear shock arrived & fixed.
Kevlar airbox & carbon intake arrived..Fixing december.

It will cost alot of money to rebuild it...so i take one at a time..

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

I need to be running the stock exhaust to be allowed on the local race track so my plan now is to get slipons and PC, get a map made for that setup then when I'm going to the track I'll swap back to the standard power commander map and put the standard mufflers back on.

Radiator scoops and carbon airbox etc will have to wait as I'm out of cash.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM

For what i known that, wzsout PC3..SP1 is rich...
Mate, why not u get the street legal slip on,...there is scorpion & remus that is street legal here in SIngapore as my few of them using it...Mine is race slip on Scorpion..

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

I'd love to but the rules are very strict, the track has only recently reopened after about 10 years.

Quote:
Lakeside Raceway Additional Terms and Conditions
1. Noise restrictions do apply: ADR compliant standard exhaust systems only. No aftermarket exhaust pipes/mufflers or cans. All trackworthy bikes with ADR compliant exhausts will be accepted.
The other track I can go to Queensland Raceway has none of the above conditions but its really quiet boring compared to lakeside.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Added the PC3 friday night, went for a ride today - definite improvement on/off throttle and smoother, Bike runs abit hotter though. Next some slipons and maybe a shock.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:13 PM

What mapping you using mate?...Wzout PC3, SP1 is bit rich....correct me if im wrong...

Have you tried Yoshi mapping?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode