Moriwaki Ltd.Ed. Slip-ons - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Moriwaki Ltd.Ed. Slip-ons

Hi guys, new to the forum here.

I picked up a 2000 RC51 as soon as it was available, then a couple months later I ordered these "Limited Editon" Moriwaki high-rise slip ons. The story was as I remember that only 300 of these would be sold worldwide. After that run of 300 they could not be bought and parts could only be attained if you had the special numbered tag.

I've looked recently at Moriwakis offerings and it appears to me that they are selling the same rainbow titainium slip-ons.

Unfortunately, I ruined them by putting my bike into a canyon wall at a rather high rate of speed on my favorite riding road in southern KY.

I later got another RC (a Nicky Hayden '04) but had to sell it before I could look into getting a replacemet system.

My question is; does anybody know of these limited edition slip ons? I've been hanging onto them for the last 10 years to serve as painful reminder and thinking that there may be some value to them for somebody.

Any feedback is appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moriwaki 002.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Moriwaki 004.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	418  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 12:51 PM

its quite possible there was such demand for the rainbow coloured cans that moriwaki kept producing small amounts of them.
personaly id contact moriwaki they might have different core sizes to the ones you can buy now.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM

I don't know about the rarity of the cans, but I do have a set of these Rainbow Titanium slip ons on my 01. I saw a set on ebay a while back for something like $1,100.00. Mine were on the bike when I got it, I love the look and the sound and if they truely are this rare I am even more happy with them. I will be curious to see what info everybody else has on here.

Mythic44
05 GSX-R 1000

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythic44 View Post
I don't know about the rarity of the cans, but I do have a set of these Rainbow Titanium slip ons on my 01. I saw a set on ebay a while back for something like $1,100.00. Mine were on the bike when I got it, I love the look and the sound and if they truely are this rare I am even more happy with them. I will be curious to see what info everybody else has on here.
Do yours have the serial numbered tag on the inside? If so, what number are they?

Last edited by spdfrk; 02-03-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: duh
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:35 AM

No serial number tag that I can see. The riveted on tag says Zero Titanuim Japan with the Moriwaki japanese characters as well. The are the rainbowed titanium.

Mythic44
05 GSX-R 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode