HRC throttle body trumpet questions - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
HRC throttle body trumpet questions

I have used the search button with regards to this topic and I haven't found the answers I am looking for

I have a set of HRC throttle body trumpets and I am wondering what they are going to do for my setup?
I have all the free mods, turn one airbox and snorkel, banzai exhaust, and a yoshimura ems controller. What would these trumpets do for me? Are they going to improve power across the board? Shift the current power band higher? KIll low end but make more top end? Would I be better off with the stock ones? Switching the placement of the stock ones?? thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Looks like they're both the same height.
It's hard to tell, but I'm guessing they're the short length?

Here is some information obtained on another forum where dyno testing was done with varying intake length combinations.

"I spent 2 days at the dyno testing all combinations of velocity stacks (2 short, 2 long, 1 short up front, 1 short on the rear) on both SP1 and SP2 throttle bodies.

We found on both SP1 and SP2 is there was no power to be gained by going to 2 short, and no power to be lost by having 2 long. What we did change was the mid range.

In both cases having the long on the front and short rear gave us the best curve (opposite from normal).
A nasty dip would show up in the 6-7K range with two short. We didn’t see much improvement anywhere by having two long but it didn’t hurt the top end.

We (and I have heard from others who tested with the same results) believe the only reason Honda uses a short stack in the front was due to limited space in stock airbox.

Testing was done on a high comp engine with head work, cams and a full exhaust. I have not tested on a stock engine but believe the results would be very similar."
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
gotcha thanks. Wonder why HRC had their own different design?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.4 speedster View Post
gotcha thanks. Wonder why HRC had their own different design?
to make money from privateers

they sell plastic ones now the the newer CBR's for like $1000
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Looks like they're both the same height.
It's hard to tell, but I'm guessing they're the short length?

Here is some information obtained on another forum where dyno testing was done with varying intake length combinations.

"I spent 2 days at the dyno testing all combinations of velocity stacks (2 short, 2 long, 1 short up front, 1 short on the rear) on both SP1 and SP2 throttle bodies.

We found on both SP1 and SP2 is there was no power to be gained by going to 2 short, and no power to be lost by having 2 long. What we did change was the mid range.

In both cases having the long on the front and short rear gave us the best curve (opposite from normal).
A nasty dip would show up in the 6-7K range with two short. We didn’t see much improvement anywhere by having two long but it didn’t hurt the top end.

We (and I have heard from others who tested with the same results) believe the only reason Honda uses a short stack in the front was due to limited space in stock airbox.

Testing was done on a high comp engine with head work, cams and a full exhaust. I have not tested on a stock engine but believe the results would be very similar."
i belive Damon's tested in this was done on a open airbox and that changes any stock box comparo right out the window

get ahold of thorsten or Horde if you are seriously looking for real answers

Last edited by Mrgrn; 04-03-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in