Been lurking on this forum and finding usefull info to help me and the builder with this project ... THANKS! Its a modified Polaris RZR now powered by an SP2 RC51. Just took delivery of it after the motor swap and its crazy fast considering the OEM engine put down about 34HP and now I am somewhere over 100 HP I hope. Will have it on the dyno in a week or so.
This is my first test drive ... note I just barely got it into 3rd .. dont know if I will ever need 5th or 6th as that is really moving for one of these off road UTVs.
Try it out on a gravel road so you can open it up!
Yeah, I tried gravel briefly and the rear end gets out all over the place. It will be used almost exclusively in the sand dunes so just waiting for it to cool down and see how it does shooting the big hills and can really open it up in the big bowls. I could hit 65mph with oem engine and that was getting on the very edge of where you want to be but am sure I will see 80 or so on accident
Its already been in the air about 10 ft once or twice. Its fun but brutal on parts even with the suspension I have as frame is jsut not really made for this. It is reinforced now with this modification so should be launch worthy but I really dont think I will air it out much. Its often 5 or so feet in the air which is very comfortable.
Not the highest but close ...
Been busy putting the final touches on this build and have run into a few things but nothing to really do with the RC51. Was able to get it on a dyno to tune it which was a very good thing as it was extremely lean on the top end with the default power commander map but of coarse my exhaust is custom headers and GYT-R pipes for a Yamaha R6. In the end it put down 70hp before it smoked the tires off the dyno. I really would have liked to see the final numbers but its almost better to be able to say that instead LOL. Due to the width of mine we could only run one tire to the dyno drum. It wa salso very impressive that he ran it up to a 40% load and it still went to redline fast and easy. Initially the clutch was slipping (new Barnett) so we took out the friction fibers and replaced just them with some EBC's and scuffed up the metal plates a bit with Scott Brite pad and this held up great. Those Kevlar clutches are bullet proof but they will start to slip if you are at load and really hooking up.
Polaris RZR with an '04 SP2 transplanted in it. Chain driven through a gear box with axles and CVs. The only thing left stock on the RZR is the frame and plastics . But, the frame is beef'd up too .