RC51 Forums banner

Aftermarket Tail Section

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SubSailor 
#1 · (Edited)
Baby's 10 years old an thought I'd buy her a few new clothes. Been eyeing the aftermarket fairing vendors on the net and rolled the dice on Nice Cycle fairings. I just decided to replace the tail section. I have a slight crack in my stock tail, but that can be fixed later. I also wanted to change the look so rather than choose the same silver with black number plate scheme, I went with full red. As you can see from the pics that there is no cutout for the rear cowl or passenger seat. No big deal, I never used it as a trunk/glove anyway, and the tail is so easy to remove anyway. The red is slightly darker than the stock Honda red. I requested and supplied the RC paint codes to Nice Cycle but they use their own. A negative in my book, since they claim you can pick any paint scheme. Fit - you can see from the pics that the mounting holes are slightly smaller than the stock ones so I'll have to drill those out, but no alignment issues to speak of. Paint quality is good. I'm awaiting a new undertail, so not mounting this until that shows up. I'll post pics then.

So lets see, baby has updated these past few months with new Sato Ti Exhaust, new EBC rotors and pads, new Bridgestone rubber, and now awaiting her new rear end.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.