Aftermarket Tail Section - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Aftermarket Tail Section

Baby's 10 years old an thought I'd buy her a few new clothes. Been eyeing the aftermarket fairing vendors on the net and rolled the dice on Nice Cycle fairings. I just decided to replace the tail section. I have a slight crack in my stock tail, but that can be fixed later. I also wanted to change the look so rather than choose the same silver with black number plate scheme, I went with full red. As you can see from the pics that there is no cutout for the rear cowl or passenger seat. No big deal, I never used it as a trunk/glove anyway, and the tail is so easy to remove anyway. The red is slightly darker than the stock Honda red. I requested and supplied the RC paint codes to Nice Cycle but they use their own. A negative in my book, since they claim you can pick any paint scheme. Fit - you can see from the pics that the mounting holes are slightly smaller than the stock ones so I'll have to drill those out, but no alignment issues to speak of. Paint quality is good. I'm awaiting a new undertail, so not mounting this until that shows up. I'll post pics then.

So lets see, baby has updated these past few months with new Sato Ti Exhaust, new EBC rotors and pads, new Bridgestone rubber, and now awaiting her new rear end.

ARSEY51

Last edited by ARSEY51; 03-01-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
From the photos, the quality looks pretty good.
You're the first that I've seen order Nice Cycle.
If could post some comparison close-ups of the mounting holes and underside.

Some of our forum members have been interested in aftermarket bodywork in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode