Testing waters on demand for carbon fiber triple tree, gauge, and gas cap covers... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Testing waters on demand for carbon fiber triple tree, gauge, and gas cap covers...

Hi everyone. I'm testing the waters to see how the demand would be for standard black, colored fabric, hybird fabrics, holographic carbon, reflective carbon,.....pretty much any color, any weave.

Gauge covers, triple tree covers, gas cap covers, license plate frames, and gas tank pads would be available. Parts would be available in any of the 30 or so fabric colors to maximize customability to have something that no one else has in your area. Talk about bragging rights!!

I am looking into setting up a long term business partnership with a supplier in order to produce these parts in any color. If the demand is there I will definately push forward with these plans to get these colors that I do not have.

Carbon fiber (standard black) would be kept in stock at all times while colored covers will be made on demand. I am hoping that the turn around time will be about 3-4 days from the time that the order is placed to the time when the products are shipped out.

I would like to stress that I DO NOT have them for sale at the moment. Once things are set up I will sign up as a vendor and post up everything that is available at that time. So please do not message me for items at this time. I do not want to violate any forum rules. This post is strictly to gather information on what riders are looking for in flat composite covers.

Thanks,
SKUR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

fwiw i have had them all for slae for over 6 years and there is little or no demand for this model now it is 10 years old

i would lean towards a newer bike if it were me

welcome to the site man
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the opinion but I've sold many gauge sets and triple covers in the past few months and is one of my best sellers. I guess the demand is better than you think. I do make newer models also but I thought I'd check this forum before I go ahead and purchase more colored fabrics.

Last edited by SKUR; 10-25-2010 at 05:01 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I see yours on Ebay all the time. I have been thinking of getting the gauge cover. Do you also make them for a 90 ZX7 H2?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Waldo- Sorry but I don't have the design for the H2. I would need to purchase a triple clamp before I'm able to make covers for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode