RC51 Forums banner

What did you do to your RC today?

884K views 4K replies 368 participants last post by  chuckhunter 
#1 ·
I removed the tail, installed a pig-tail for a battery tender, and replaced the stock rear pegs with Sato Ti hangers.

I also Stomp-Gripped the tank...The generic sport bike Stomp-Grip cut is cheaper than the custom-cut ones, and if you install the R side upside down on the L side of the tank, and vice versa, it is practically a perfect fit...One straight slice with the X-acto to remove one row of maybe 8 nubs per side, and it's pretty much spot-on.

So, what did you do to your RC today...?

Griff
twoeleven

See less See more
#7 ·
You would have...But the Russian judge disqualified you because it wasn't technically "today", and there was also some concern that you may still need to flush and replace the air in your tires. :D

Sounds like a TON of work...Enjoy the new bullet!

Griff
twoeleven

#16 ·
Winner! That's what they are here for, right? Ironically, my '04 is brand new to me, I got rained out last Sunday, been at work all week, tweaking on it at night...Started it up, still haven't ridden it yet! Aaargh, forecast calling for rain again tomorrow a.m., so either Saturday afternoon or Sunday, I hope to be able to say the same.

bought a twin slip on jardine setup for my bike off this site
Nice! Buying it counts, and post again please when you get to say, "Installed a twin slip on..." Good luck and have fun with the install.

And now, here it is...Last night's work, the smallest mod category...Safety wired the grips! I love these Renthals, they may not be that cushy, but they sure are grippy.

Photo also shows my CRG lever install from the other day.

Please keep 'em coming, what did YOU do to your RC today? :cool:

Griff
twoeleven

#17 ·
Wiped the snow off of it . . . the wife accidentally left the garage door open all day while we were in the middle of a snow storm . . .

Fortunately, the bike had been buttoned up just a few days earlier from all the winter mods being performed. They included PAIR mod, Flapper mod and the addition of a PCIIIusb. I also drained and replaced the coolant and oil.

I am waiting on my Skidmarx CF hugger to arrive (in about a month . . . they still have to make and then ship it from the UK) and when it does, I will post up install pics.

#20 ·
I am waiting on my Skidmarx CF hugger to arrive (in about a month . . . they still have to make and then ship it from the UK) and when it does, I will post up install pics.
If you want a *really* cheap but nice-looking & functional alternative... install the tiny plastic rear fender from a CBR600. You'll need to install some blind nuts into the swingarm, but it looks & works great! The fender itself was only around $10. :)

#24 ·
I opened the garage door, got in out of the driving rain, drank a coors light from a bottle,and looked at 'er for a bit,
Oh yea, I got caliper measurements on my master and slave clutch cylinders and pistons. They check out, well within service spec, so new cups and seals ordered. Then I went and looked at 'er...

#29 ·
I rushed home just before the rain was suppose to hit. Ran in the garage pulled the cover off. unhooked the battery tender. checked all fluids and tire pressures. popped the garage open. changed into my full riding gear. started to push her outside the garage then BAAAAMMM. The rain started again.... so i just had to sit in the garage on her making motorcycle noises...
best mod of the day wife went to the DMV and bought a new tag for the RC

#30 ·
Wiped her down today and thought about taking her out but still had that white shit on the ground ............ They are expecting more over the next couple of days and they call it spring LOL........

(Chief you going to be ready for a trip to cassidy?)

#38 ·
Rode it. FINALLY! Beautiful day and a beautiful ride through the winding backroads leading south out of Corona along the 15 fwy. I didn't have time to get up and over Ortega, but I rode it enough to remember why after selling my 2005 RC in 2007, I couldn't stop missing my RC. Even though I am also the proud owner of a 1098R, there is just something mythical and mystical about the way these things go about their tasks. I love it!

Setup seems close, I am a bigger dude than the previous owner and I might add a tad of preload to the rear, but the front end was working just right, and I soon found my way into a nice smooth groove, clapping along at a brisk little clip. Hindles sounded good, much quieter than my old Sato Lows, but until I track down a pristine set of those cans, the Hindy's will work.

No gripes, performed as expected, Galfer brakes felt really nice.

This weekend we shall continue the testing into the mountains, and later this spring we will be back to California Speedway for a track day. Or two.

Glad to be back,

Griff
twoeleven

#39 · (Edited)
HID's will always maintain that glare in a halogen based lamp. It's a product of the reflectors inside and how they are focused for a halogen bulb. You can use filters with a camera lens to pull some of the glare out, but it will do very little.

On a side note, I did install the new exhaust on my RC. Too bad I can't ride the rest of the week due to work, other obligations and rain headed this way for the rest of the week. I'm pretty happy with the sound since these are a bit louder than my Sato low mounts at idle and free rev to about 4k. I'm anxious to say the least to see how these sound at speed under a load. I also have some other testing I want to do on these as well. Fitment was good but I had to modify the brackets due to interference with my undertail and the slip joints could have been a touch longer and flared a tiny bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.