Full carbon fairing kit ? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Full carbon fairing kit ?

Does anyone know if someone out there makes a full CF fairing kit for an 04 SP2 (RC51)?

I have done some searching but haven't been able to find all of the pieces I need to make a complete set. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
our member Duckhunter will be making some very nice ones in the future. they will surely be the top kit on the market

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Excellent, I best get the piggy bank ready then

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Ya Duckhunter is the CF go to guy!

Not to get of topic, but anyone know the weight difference between factor plastics and CF.

2006 #215 PC3USB
soft rev, flapper, 15/41

"Just tell them you bought it to impress women and have no fucking clue what it is or what you are doing." b.miller123
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Banned

I have mine already...

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for the props guys, I actually am working the plug molds for the fairings now in my free time...
But I may be able to acquire the actual Turn1 fairing molds as well after all ! The racers club in OZ that had bought them may be selling them off.

And FYI...

Nobody yet owns a set of DHC produced fairings.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2014, 09:16 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
It'll be worth the wait for DHC's carbon fairings.... Oh yes!!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone had any experience with World of QB Carbon before. I am eyeing off their RC51 CF fuel tank to go with the DHC Full CF kit when he starts pumping them out ?

http://worldofqbcarbon.com/store/Hon.../prod_237.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	53050  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I know VWhelmot has one on his SP1. It's taller than standard so maybe larger capacity.
Main reasons I haven't gone for one is I want to be sure (from other people's experiences ) they don't leak. As I understand it, ethanol in fuels attacks normal hardeners in resin typically used for carbon (Over time) and a special expensive resin needs to be used.
Lots of corners, etc. and places to where leakage can develop. Also as I have a T1 airbox I don't know if it would work for me. The other reason is I don't like the taller shape over the original.

So In the end I decided to stick with the original tank... for now, at least. Now if I can find a nice aluminium tank...! hehehe that would be another possibility perhaps?
If DHC develops a tank in future I know it'll be properly made though and he'll make sure it works with his carbon airboxes too. Matt's a perfectionist in his work, so he'd be my choice when stuff becomes available. And I don't mind waiting...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.

Last edited by The Stig; 04-03-2014 at 11:05 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

The tank is 21lt capacity. You do raise a good point. I'm now keen to track down some people who have them to get some opinions. I do like the look of it though. I was considering a full custom paint job but am now looking at going full CF, if I'm going full fairing CF I may as we'll get the CF tank to complete the look and may even shave some weight off the big girl in the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode