Harness Wiring question - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Harness Wiring question

mounted up my HRC Basic racer harness since my oem was pretty messed up. Everything on the harness is working perfect, linked in my oil pressure light, tachometer, and speedo. I want to keep this thing as simple as possible. it's going to to be a weekend/daytime only rider so i'm not worried about having high beams and all that......i may even drop turn signals as i usually give arm signals anyway.
That being said i'd like to link in running lights and brake lights. I've been going off the wiring diagram in the manual and have running lights working.....i cannot seem to get the brake lights going though. I'd like to keep it as simple and clean as possible. i don't even think i'd really need the relay for it. can somebody draw up a simple wiring diagram to include the switches to get the brake lights going? i've done some basic electrical work but have always been able to base off the oem diagram.....having the HRC harness in is throwing me off a bit.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

ok i have running lights and brake lights.....now im contemplating signals.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why would u install a HRC BRH, then add back in everything?? Wouldn't u had been better of repairing yours or buying the front and/or rear sections?? And if you're running on the street maybe Fans/fan relays??

You'll need to wire in the headlight/blinker switch back in for the blinkers..plus flasher relay.
And the Service manual wiring diagram, would be the thing to go off on, you just have to run wires from lights/blinkers whatever backwards to their starting point, where ever that is, ECU, switch, etc..then if thats a switch or relay, run from it backwards until u get it workable.

03 RC-a few nicnacs.

Last edited by Plwtwo; 05-21-2011 at 07:54 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

yep, thanks. been using the wiring diagram but since half that harness is not there anymore its not very helpful.
My harness was screwed. The whole rear was cut up. Some wires including my cam pulse wire was literally hanging on by 4 strands. and i have an SP2 subframe on my bike and wanted the ability to re route the ECU next to the battery which the Race harness allows me to do.
The HRC harness drops alot of other wiring.i've got about half the harness even with the running lights and brake lights being added. And if nothing else cleaned everything up quite a bit. I decided on no signals. just running lights and brake lights.....my RC is not a daily rider.
I've also got all add ons complete with connectors so i can convert it to the Race Harness in literally 2 mins. It's the best of both worlds.
As for the fan, i'm putting a manual switch in.
By the way thanks for your threads on speedzilla, actually helped me out quite a bit. saved me lots of time getting the oil pressure and tach going.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, no problem! LOL I still don't think my fuel light works..but I changed the filter and swapped tanks at the same time so it could be the sensor.

03 RC-a few nicnacs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode