Ebay plastics - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ebay plastics

I was thinking of buying a complete plastic fairing set off of Ebay for $239 the seller is Selina-moto. for that price I am a little sceptical of the quality. does any have experience or opinions on these Ebay sets?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:07 PM

ive bought them they r decent. depends on how picky you are
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 08:43 PM

Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixgun View Post
I was thinking of buying a complete plastic fairing set off of Ebay for $239 the seller is Selina-moto. for that price I am a little sceptical of the quality. does any have experience or opinions on these Ebay sets?
I purchased the Castrol skin fairing from Selina-moto. I wanted the ones with the silver wing set and got the black ones.

To be honest, I could live with it, but it wasn't what I ordered. They did make amends. I'm getting around to installing them. Not perfect, but better than cracked fairings.

If you are really going to be picky about the plastics, you might be happier to invest the money fiberglass fairings and have both the tank and body painted by MAACO or something.

...Most likely you will need to solve the tail light situation; the stock unit will not fit inside like some undertails. I used Hotbodies elements; there are a few websites that show how to build far better units for cheaper.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info I'm not sure what I want to do about my cracks and scratches. The previous owner of my bike gave me the old line (I let my cousin ride it and he wrecked it) I am having visions in my head of the bike painted a custom color with some of the factory stickers over top.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 PM

here is my real 2 cents worth. buy a fiberglass body kit OEM (roughly 350 for entire kit). Then go to http://www.skinzwraps.com/motocycle-graphics-wrap.html or similar site, they will make custom wrap and they will even install the wrap. So for much less than a standard paint job you can have brand new fairings with WHATEVER design you want on them!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM

http://bikeskinz.com/designtypes.htm I actually got a quote from these guys for my RC51, I am just waiting for a few finishing touches on my body work then I will be moving towards getting a wrap made.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

himm... the bikeskinz site is pretty interesting
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 PM

great thing about bike skins is they can custom make ANYTHING! So are you going with a solo tail or dual up? If you go solo I would like to recommend the cyclistic tail, you can get it from scottsms.com for 185, and on ebay there is a guy selling both left and right lowers for 60 per side and he will combine shipping, and if you ask really nicely I know someone who is making OEM replacement uppers with endurance style single and double round headlights in fiberglass or carbon fiber for a good price.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

well Cbrbear I just bought the bike so it will be a while till I have the money to put into it for now thought the damage is not to embarrassing to ride.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysixgun View Post
A friend of mine did an R1 with the Rozzi edition and it worked out fine and I just finished my RC51 with the Nickey Hayden edition and other than drilling out a few holes it was not bad, there are some flaws in the plastics and the rear cowl cover sucks but other than that it was worth the money, I went with Motorcycle-fairings.com but I don't recommend them since i paid $750 for the same thing from ebay for $500. the hardest part is the upper fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode