MRA windscreen on my SP2 (pics too!) - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
MRA windscreen on my SP2 (pics too!)

Hi folks,

I figure this may be of interest to some of us, so here goes.

I put an MRA windscreen on yesterday, and today I hit the Autobahn to do some "aero testing" The main reason I replaced the black Puig that came with the bike had nothing to do with aerodynamics, it was simply that I didn't like looking through the dark plastic at high speeds, it was just enough vision obstruction to make me skittish. But, along with being muuuuuuuch more comfortable now that I have the clear screen to look thru, the MRA really is an impressive piece.

First a disclaimer, I am not an employee of MRA, nor do I play one television, and the honest reason I went with an MRA was because I couldn't find any other clear windscreen to try aside from factory ones. Also, I'm about 5foot10 (1meter78) and 170 pounds (77kilo), so it may be that folks bigger or smaller than me on an RC don't notice what I did. Cool? Cool.

Their claims of improved rider aerodynamics aren't just talk, this thing really does improve the bubble. While riding under the screen, there are virtually no turbulence, and the biggest thing I noticed was the lack of noise. The airflow is moved so well over your head, that the lack of wind noise is downright surprising. No helmet jostling, no random slaps of wind, no screaming wind in the ears. The thing moves air over the rider so well, that I actually started to get hot under the bubble, popping up every now and then to cool the ol' neurons. Now, make no mistake, if your head is slightly above the screen line, the jostling and noise comes back pretty quickly, but that's to be expected. The other really nice thing is that, with this screen, I didn't have to have my chin glued to the tank to stay inside the bubble, I actually had room to move my head a little. Much more forgiving on the neck muscles

I have no idea if the screen improves the aerodynamics of the machine, but it sure as hell helps the rider. The screen I bought was their race model, the link is here .

And, of course, here's a few shots of the RC with her new screen. Not as menacing as with the black Puig, but the gains are worth it.

Hope this info helps a couple folks here, for me this windscreen changed the whole feel of the bike, in a great way

2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon

HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks very functional.. MRA makes excellent stuff.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend of mine just picked up one of these as well and loves it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode