Anybody with a good Chinese fairing story? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anybody with a good Chinese fairing story?

I recently purchased a set of fairings from hanseller777 on ebay. I was blown away by the quality and fitment of these things. I was wondering if anyone else has had a good result with Chinese fairings from ebay? Most of the stories I have heard are all bad. I've had no problems with melting (heat shielding installed) or cracking, and the paint is amazing. One of my best friends owns a Collision Shop and could not believe the finish of these things.
I'm sure its hit or miss on ebay with these things, but boy did I get lucky.
My only gripe was they did not have the 1000r decals on the rear seat cowl, so I had to order a couple.
I only paid 465.00 express shipped to my door and and thinking of picking up another set just to have on hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10462563_661580440598262_4708226431551714366_n.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	66345  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looks like they fit quite nice. We're there gaps in any of seems? Was thinking about replacing mine as well. Do you have a link for the eBay ad?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
WOW - looks like factory from here minus the stickers. i say you done good $450 wow - including front as well?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 09:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
The best one I remember is a former member here bought his '04 replica fairings from "Lee". He used a trailer to haul his bike up for the MotoGP in Indy.

This member decided to ride his newly skinned RC to the Motorcycles on Meridian. When we were in stop and go traffic, and we all know how the RC's just love that, the fairings started to melt and smoke. They never caught fire but it made a lovely mess in the road.

Just stick with OEM and be done with it, you will be money ahead in the long run.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Tried chinese fairing set for my VFR800.
All in all, not worth the effort.
Hard to find VFR bodywork that isn't beat to hell, so I ponied up the bucks for OEM plastic in red to go with a pristine used red tank.

First and last experiment in buying crap bodywork from a country that prides itself in turning out junk.

Compare this with Tyga carbon front fender and real cowl made in Thailland, where the quality is gorgeous, fits properly, and is cheaper than OEM.

Tyga could make a killing selling replacement ABS bodywork if they kept the same quality level as their carbon

Last edited by SubSailor; 07-20-2015 at 11:47 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I share the opinion of the last two guys and prefer to purchase OEM (used/new) fairings/plastics whenever possible for fitment purposes, YMMV.

For the thread, here's a few related threads (do your research first) about aftermarket fairings and how others hated/liked 'em:

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/65-...-fairings.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/11-...-good-bad.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/11-...rings-sp1.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/11-...it-report.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/39-...view-ebay.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/15-...-fairings.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/11-...-question.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/11-...gs-yes-no.html

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/15-...termarket.html

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhorsepowercrazy View Post
I recently purchased a set of fairings from hanseller777 on ebay. I was blown away by the quality and fitment of these things. I was wondering if anyone else has had a good result with Chinese fairings from ebay? Most of the stories I have heard are all bad. I've had no problems with melting (heat shielding installed) or cracking, and the paint is amazing. One of my best friends owns a Collision Shop and could not believe the finish of these things.
I'm sure its hit or miss on ebay with these things, but boy did I get lucky.
My only gripe was they did not have the 1000r decals on the rear seat cowl, so I had to order a couple.
I only paid 465.00 express shipped to my door and and thinking of picking up another set just to have on hand.

I know this is an old post but if the OP sees this, how have the fairings been since?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
I know this is an old post but if the OP sees this, how have the fairings been since?
The OP burned to death in a fiery pile of chinese plastic goo a few months back as the rumor has it.....can't say he wasn't warned.

From this point on if anyone buys another crappy chinese fairing and boasts how well made they are should get a lifetime ban from the forum.

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...
AimHigh and CapeCodderRC like this.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Aye aye. I'll just have to do some repair work and keep an eye out for nicer parts.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
The OP burned to death in a fiery pile of chinese plastic goo a few months back as the rumor has it.....can't say he wasn't warned.

From this point on if anyone buys another crappy chinese fairing and boasts how well made they are should get a lifetime ban from the forum.

Repeat after me: There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...There is no such thing as a well made set of chinese fairing...
Ya but how well did they fit?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode