Two brothers - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two brothers

I wanted to get a little feedback on. The two brothers exhaust system they are offering for the sp1. They have a high mount system that looks good. I wanted to see if it's a good system to run. Or should I think about another system. It's becoming harder to find a good high mount system for the sp1. I was looking at the blackdragon system for my bike but cost is something that will help make my mind up as well. Here is a link to the exhaust system I been looking at http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopp...-RC51-SP1.html.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
You might get a fair amount of feedback on this. We were just recently talking about TwoBrothers. Personally I don't like them much, except that they are in a more affordable price range. But Yoshimira is about the same. And a better exhaust. I've yet to see any TwoBrothers actually on a RC51, but I've read more bad than good about them. I've seen them on 2 VFR's and thought they were crap. I'd way rather get a set of Yosh's in the same price range, or better yet, just keep following anything exhaust and wait till a nice used pair come's up for sale.
What price range you looking to stay in?
I know Mark at BlackDragon. One of our members, Revolution, bought a system from him and was happy with it. I also bought a custom system from him. If you want more info about BD's, you can PM me. I'm going to do a full review on my BD's, but not ready yet. I had an issue with one of the silencers, and waiting to get that resolved.

My suggestion is keep on looking and researching. If you look in my Gallery, those are used yosh's that I picked up for $500.

Start on post #12...
https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...?t=5280&page=2

And this, start on #286. He found those on our For Sale for asking price of 1050 I believe. Sato's are coveted!!!
https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...t=4142&page=29

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I'm not a fan of Two Brothers, for quite a few reasons. My suggestion is GPR. Italian company which is popular in Europe but not so much in the US. They make nice systems and make pretty good gains too, for a good price.
If you have the money, find a set of Yoshimura or Sato mids and buy a set of Ladybirds from Simon.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 AM

i got the high mount two bros on my sp1 and it sounds amazing. i know alot of people dont like it because its not a sato or gpr which are great exhausts that perform great no doubt, but i got 2 kids and a wife so i couldnt afford anything that nice. i traded my yosh 2-1 for the two bros, the neighbors hate it but who cares haha.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
i got the high mount two bros on my sp1 and it sounds amazing. i know alot of people dont like it because its not a sato or gpr which are great exhausts that perform great no doubt, but i got 2 kids and a wife so i couldnt afford anything that nice. i traded my yosh 2-1 for the two bros, the neighbors hate it but who cares haha.
That's a misstatement Hambone. That's not why we don't like them. I'm not picking on you, just saying there's a lot more merit to why we don't like them.
The prices I saw on Locomoco link were higher than Yosh's. And I'd take a yosh slip-on's over TB any day.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 12:39 PM

Oh it's no biggie everyone has their own opinions, yosh was nice just the 2-1 wasn't for my liking. I traded mine staight up didn't cost me a dime and I'm happy .
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
Oh it's no biggie everyone has their own opinions, yosh was nice just the 2-1 wasn't for my liking. I traded mine staight up didn't cost me a dime and I'm happy .
Yeah, I don't like 2-1 either. Does yosh do that? I haven't seen it yet. So are you saying that's what you had, a yosh 2-1, and you traded for 2 TB's?

Not here to bash TwoBrothers. Some people like them just fine.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 04:36 PM

yeah it was a full 2-1 yosh can with jardine headers. came with the bike when i bought it, was a different set up. yeah i traded it for the Two bros from a guy on the forum. i would love to have a gpr system one day for sure. if i had to pay for the two bros i wouldn't of got it thats for sure. i would of just saved up and def spent my $ on some high mount gpr's. i thought it was a pretty good deal and im happy with the set up. i just had to buy the stock headers to go along with it.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 05:10 PM

When you said 2-1, the first name that came to mind was Jardine.
I'm glad you're happy with your TB setup, and you would need that header anyway for our traditional dual exhaust.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Well I have a budget around 1000 or less if I can. I would go with the yosh but it's a 2-1 and I like having the duel pipes. I really want to open the sound up on my sp1. I think I will look in tithe blackdragon system. There is a old saying and it goes you get what you pay for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode