Wiring after Integrated tail light - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wiring Integrated tail light

I Hope someone has experience with these kind of LED tail lights.

I ordered this LED tail light with integrated turn signals ..but it comes without wiring instructions...does anyone know what color wires to use.




Last edited by Color01; 08-29-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Color01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Moderator
 
SubSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 6,461
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
I'll take a guess and say:

black for ground
red for brake
yellow for turn
blue for running

But I could be wrong.
Since they're LED, try touching pairs of wire across your battery posts.
It might take some time, but you'll eventually find the ground and other wires.
SubSailor is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
I'll take a guess and say:

black for ground
red for brake
yellow for turn
blue for running

But I could be wrong.
Since they're LED, try touching pairs of wire across your battery posts.
It might take some time, but you'll eventually find the ground and other wires.

When they arrive..I will try your Instructions and see if it works....
Color01 is offline  
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
sdimex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: massapequa ny
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Color01 View Post
I Hope someone has experience with these kind of LED tail lights.

I ordered this LED tail light with integrated turn signals ..but it comes without wiring instructions...does anyone know what color wires to use.



the 3 wire attached to the clip are your running light and brake light
the other 2 are directionals

2004 nicky hayden RC51
to many mods to list
sdimex is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimex View Post
the 3 wire attached to the clip are your running light and brake light
the other 2 are directionals

do you remove the clip that keeps the 3 wires together ?

Color01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome