some mods completed not sure whats next... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
some mods completed not sure whats next...

Well I finally had a full day to rip into the RC. I decided to start on the mods and as of now I have completed the soft rev mod, flapper mod, and the pair mod. Took most of the day but due to the rain I finally had the time. I'm thinking about doing the eyebrow mod tomorrow. I noticed when pulling the air box that the filters were K&N, a plus I guess. I'm curious if I should have the pc3 tuned again or just leave it alone? Also, I found out the odd box in the trunk is a speed healer, after pacing someone I found that the healer was reading 35-40 when I was actually doing 50 so I reset it from the site and hopefully the rain let's up and dries out tomorrow so I can see if there's any improvement. also fixed the signals, fi light issue, and brake light issue. All issues were either loose wires or the wires had been cut off. Everything seems good now and she fired right up.
Any advice on what to do from here? I'm not sure what exhaust is currently on it, its thin carbon fiber high mounts, no name stamped anywhere on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if u wanna sell that exhaust let me know
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
The K&N filters actually hurt the performance of the bike.

The Speedo error without a correction box is almost spot-on at around town speeds 30mph or so. The error at freeway speeds is about 7-8% optimistic and is non-linear in that it grows as the speed increases. By the time you are doing an indicated 130mph the error maybe as high as 14-15%.

With the most popular 15/41 gearing freeway speed error is increased to about 12.5-13% error (depending on tire actual size) which is what you would set a speedo healer at to correct for the error.

Having said that if you get the speedo accurate at 70-80mph then it is still going to be off at lower or higher speeds due to the inherent error built into the ECU. It simply will never be perfectly accurate at all speed ranges.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Oh & as far as what is next well the most important part is the suspension. Get a 20mm Ohlins fork rework in the forks and slap an Ohlins shock on the back. Those two items will get that fat wallory pig enough compliance and adjustability in the geometry to keep you on 2 wheels even if you don't manage to keep it on the asphalt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode