RC51 Forums banner

Should I pull the stickers?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BTF/PTM 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I have a black SP2, and I'm debating removing all the stickers except the gray tail scallops, the two red VTR stickers on the sides, and the red SP-2 markers on the headpiece. The fuel tank scallops are already covered by the Stompgrip, so those aren't really visible anyway.

Opinions? I think she'd look pretty sweet blacked out even further :cool:

#2 ·
I think you'll find most on here are purists that would disagree, but it's your bike.
You do with it what you will. If it's your style and you like it, go for it!

When I had my CBR, before I was converted to Honda red, I didn't like the color.
I switched all the red decals to blue.

#3 ·
She does look pretty good just the way she is, doesn't she? I'll keep contemplating, I've seen some pics here on our forum of some pretty sweet non-OE paint and stickers, too.

#4 ·
I think you should keep her the same. I believe the RC is one of the few bikes that need very little modification and has stood the test of time very well styling wise.

#5 ·
Have you thought about buying 2nd hand fairing panels and changing those to your idea of how you would like your bike to look and keeping your original fairing panels stored away in case you ever sold it or decided to change it back to standard.

#6 ·
...x2! :D :D

#8 ·
Actually I've been hunting for fairings, that would be the ideal solution, but they aren't easy to come by, especially in europe. I'll be shameless, anyone who reads this and who has a set, PM me =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.