Need an SP1 PC3 map - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need an SP1 PC3 map

Tried the search and can't find anything. PC3usb on an SP1 with Mori full system high mounts, flapper and pair mods, and a K&N af for now. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 10:24 AM

Been looking too. Not much luck. Decided to go the Dyno tune route to the tune of $250 if everything goes well.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM

Thanks to the guys that did reply to my other thread. I took your advice and am going for the tune. I just wanted something to start with before I went.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
1. I was unaware that Moriwaki ever made a full system for the SP1

2. How can it be that more than a decade after the SP1 first came out that anyone cannot know that the K&N filters actually hurt the performance of the bike instead of helping it???
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjames View Post
Well, its the filter that came with the bike, and i haven't gotten around to chaging it. And if you aren't going to help, gtfo...

Well I was kinda hoping you would elaborate more on the full exhaust. I remember Moriwaki working on a very limited edition full race exhaust, but as I understand it did not work very well on a stock motor at all. It is designed for heavily modified motors (pistons, stg 2 cams, porting etc). Using it on a stock motor just causes it to fall flat throughout the entire rev range.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Well I was kinda hoping you would elaborate more on the full exhaust. I remember Moriwaki working on a very limited edition full race exhaust, but as I understand it did not work very well on a stock motor at all. It is designed for heavily modified motors (pistons, stg 2 cams, porting etc). Using it on a stock motor just causes it to fall flat throughout the entire rev range.
I appologize for my hateful abbreviation in the last post i deleted.

You are correct, it just has slip ons upon further inspection. I'm new to RC's and have only had this one for 6 months, and am just now breaking into modding it correctly. BMC filter, chain and sprocket kit, and brake lines are all on order. It is running rich the way it is now. When i get home from work i guess i'll just download the maps from PC and try to find the closest map, and then have it dyno tuned this spring.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:22 PM

Use OEM air filters instead of aftermarket. They will provide you the best performance in your RC.

http://www.rc51.org/airfilt.htm

Here is the custom map you need:

http://www.rc51.org/maps/RCSP1mori.djm
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Wow, i had no idea on the air filters for these. Thanks for the heads up on that and for the map. Is that the one off of PC's site?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 PM

I have no idea if Powercommander has that map on their site or not. It is a custom map made at sea level purely for performance. No provisions for fuel efficiency at all
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM

I had been looking for a baseline map for the Jardine 2 into 1. I knew about the filters. I run the stock ones. My mods are about done for now. Exhaust, PCIII, braided line s, Penske, Race Tech valves and springs, new chain and sprockets, CRG levers, Gilles chain adjusters and lifters (don't know why they didn't put spool tabs on the 01), undertail, and a new Pilot Power. Rearsets and a Kyle link are next, then a full race body and I'm done. Well, maybe after a front mount radiator. And clip ons, you know how it goes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode