High mount mids for Yoshi? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
High mount mids for Yoshi?

I just picked up my 05 with a Yoshi system. I really want these pipes up high and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get just the midpipes and brackets for my Yoshi cans. I love the sound and look of the Yoshies, but I need that high mount look!!

Please help me out. Thanks

Im not sure which kit I have, but its in the pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Banned

Those are the Yosh stainless...RS3's

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Those are the Yosh stainless...RS3's
Thanks. You wouldnt happen to know if there are high mount mid pipes out there that would work with the RS3 cans?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
hmm, there should be but high mount or Banzai mount systems are REALLY hard to find these days....especially just the mid pipes. Yoshimura did make a high mount system, but i've only ever seen one pop up for sale. You just cannot find them anymore and actually i don't know if they made it for the SP2 or just the SP1. What is the diameter on the Yoshimura can? Most high mount mids from other manufacturers for the SP2 should be able to work.....you'd just need to double check on the diamter. If you are dead set on the high mount, the best option may be to sell your Yoshimura system and buy another set used. SATO is the most popular and has the best gains for slip ons. You cannot buy them new anymore, been out of stock for about 4 years now. They do pop up regularly in the clasifieds here or speedzilla. OR you can buy ladybird set from Simon. LAdybirds are amazing exhaust systems. Not high mounts but may suit your taste a bit better.They also built the Arata exhaust sytems here in the US. the build quality is amazing, sound is amazing, and they look great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC51-VTR1000...item4162b2236f

Simon has had LAdybird do these systems specifically for the Forums and the RC51 community. So there has been a limited run and like the Sato's they will be gone soon to. They are expensive but worth it, there just is not many options for quality high mounts for the RC51 anymore. This is the only New set manufactured at all right now. Everything else you will have to find used on the rare occasion they pop up in the forums.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
hmm, there should be but high mount or Banzai mount systems are REALLY hard to find these days....especially just the mid pipes. Yoshimura did make a high mount system, but i've only ever seen one pop up for sale. You just cannot find them anymore and actually i don't know if they made it for the SP2 or just the SP1. What is the diameter on the Yoshimura can? Most high mount mids from other manufacturers for the SP2 should be able to work.....you'd just need to double check on the diamter. If you are dead set on the high mount, the best option may be to sell your Yoshimura system and buy another set used. SATO is the most popular and has the best gains for slip ons. You cannot buy them new anymore, been out of stock for about 4 years now. They do pop up regularly in the clasifieds here or speedzilla. OR you can buy ladybird set from Simon. LAdybirds are amazing exhaust systems. Not high mounts but may suit your taste a bit better.They also built the Arata exhaust sytems here in the US. the build quality is amazing, sound is amazing, and they look great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC51-VTR1000...item4162b2236f

Simon has had LAdybird do these systems specifically for the Forums and the RC51 community. So there has been a limited run and like the Sato's they will be gone soon to. They are expensive but worth it, there just is not many options for quality high mounts for the RC51 anymore. This is the only New set manufactured at all right now. Everything else you will have to find used on the rare occasion they pop up in the forums.
I'm definatly liking the lady birds but I was hoping to avoid spending $1300 just yet. I like the look and sound o the yoshi system, I just really want them high mounted. I contacted Simon on his eBay account and he told me the yoshi system was 60". I'm wondering what it would cost to get some custom pipes bent.

Thanks again for the feedback and if anyone knows anyone who wants to trade for a decent high mount kit I could potentially throw some cash on top. My yoshies look brand new.

Last edited by drtydru; 03-12-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...6731#post46731

SATO high mounts

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM

i have some sato high mount i might trade pm me they are perfect not a scratch
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If they fit an akrapovic header and the OP doesn't want I'd trade you mine

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hig View Post
If they fit an akrapovic header and the OP doesn't want I'd trade you mine
I do want but didnt get a response to the offerers pm he sent
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bummer. I'm really hoping I can find some mids for these akras. It's really looking like a custom job and I don't trust anyone around here nor do I think they can do titanium:/

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode