Yoshimura RS3C in all carbon fiber? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yoshimura RS3C in all carbon fiber?

I see that you can still buy the Yoshimura RS3C in the stainless version that has the carbon fiber end cap, but I don't see the all carbon one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of any for sale? I'm looking at getting a different exhaust, and that one is my favorite as far as low-mount exhaust.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 AM

I would love a set if those too. Does anyone know if you could just buy the carbon fiber caps and if so, what it would take to mount them on some yoshi cans?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess it's time to wake up and stop dreaming; Yoshimura says they never produced the RS3C in all Carbon Fiber! I swear I saw a picture of an RC on this site that had them.

I guess that would explain why I can't find them anywhere. Yoshimura offered to custom make a set for me for an additional $135 above the price of the stainless steel version. That's pretty cool if you ask me. Not only are they still producing pipes for the RC, they're willing to custom make a set.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 08:28 PM

Who ever you talked to is full of it. They are listed on there parts page. 18" $450. If you already have yosh cans. Best thing to do is buy end cap from yosh. And get sleeves off ebay
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m u d d u c k 9 View Post
Who ever you talked to is full of it. They are listed on there parts page. 18" $450. If you already have yosh cans. Best thing to do is buy end cap from yosh. And get sleeves off ebay
I see what you mean, they list the RS-3C (which probably fits multiple bikes) on their replacement parts page. Funny thing is though, the carbon and titanium only come in 18" and the stainless steel only comes in 20". I don't see why the 18' wouldn't work on the RC though.

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM

Most manufactures are going to 16-18" cans. 18 would be fine.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
...I swear I saw a picture of an RC on this site that had them...

Ponch 7M4 - I wonder if you saw pictures of the carbon canister/carbon endcap Yoshi TRC slip ons from my '06 (?); search for the "got one" thread under my username and you'll see pics/video of the bike in that thread.

At first glance, I thought the bike came with RS cans, but after a little research on Yoshi's RS and TRC systems, I knew the difference.

Now, for others and those who are wondering about the diffrence between the two model "names," the shape of the canisters is different between the TRC and the RS systems. The following webpage on Yoshi's website, with muffler "model" name and pics should help explain Yoshimura's nomenclature:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-replac...spx?imsec=road

Hope that helps - if it wasn't pics of my bike that you saw, please disregard.

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
Ponch 7M4 - I wonder if you saw pictures of the carbon canister/carbon endcap Yoshi TRC slip ons from my '06 (?); search for the "got one" thread under my username and you'll see pics/video of the bike in that thread.

At first glance, I thought the bike came with RS cans, but after a little research on Yoshi's RS and TRC systems, I knew the difference.

Now, for others and those who are wondering about the diffrence between the two model "names," the shape of the canisters is different between the TRC and the RS systems. The following webpage on Yoshi's website, with muffler "model" name and pics should help explain Yoshimura's nomenclature:

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/t-replac...spx?imsec=road
Hope that helps - if it wasn't pics of my bike that you saw, please disregard.

Yes! those are the pictures I remember seeing. I was looking all over for that post. Thanks for replying to mine. So, Yosh produced the TRC's for the RC51 at some point... or did the previous owner buy those for a different model and fit them to the RC?

05 RC51

08 CBR 1000 (sold)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
Yes! those are the pictures I remember seeing. I was looking all over for that post. Thanks for replying to mine. So, Yosh produced the TRC's for the RC51 at some point... or did the previous owner buy those for a different model and fit them to the RC?

No prob, you're welcome.

I'm not 100% sure if Yoshi manufactured a dedicated TRC exhaust system for RC51s (I haven't been able to find any vendors listing a TRC "carbon/carbon" on their product description pages/listings).

I'm thinking if Yoshi did manufacture such a system, they are now discontinued. FWIW, the previous owner of my bike said he had everything done (the exhaust and fender eliminator/undertail installed) at the dealership.

If I find out any other details or hunt down a part number on my exhaust, I'll let you know though (curious about its history).
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
No prob, you're welcome.

I'm not 100% sure if Yoshi manufactured a dedicated TRC exhaust system for RC51s (I haven't been able to find any vendors listing a TRC "carbon/carbon" on their product description pages/listings).

I'm thinking if Yoshi did manufacture such a system, they are now discontinued. FWIW, the previous owner of my bike said he had everything done (the exhaust and fender eliminator/undertail installed) at the dealership.

If I find out any other details or hunt down a part number on my exhaust, I'll let you know though (curious about its history).
I was under the impression you couldn't just use whatever cans you liked best when it came to exhaust. I thought they were designed bike specific. I hope I'm wrong, and I guess with enough money anything is possible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode