whats louder?? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
whats louder??

on my 2003 RC51 i got a full Akro exhaust.. ive never heard the lady birds or satos in person but are they louder?? i mean i dont really think my akro pipes are that loud.. some ppl do. but they never really heard a rc51 they normally hear gixxer and zx10r. but just wondering

Full Akrapovic Ti exhaust , PC5 , Corbin seat , T1 airbox , Russell steel braided lines , Matris steering damper , Brembo RCS 19, Pair mod , Flapper mod , Soft rev mod, 15/41 gears, EBC xc front rotors, Tuned by Dyno Solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't heard the Akrapovic cans on an RC, but I have a few buddies with S1000RR's that have them. They are nice and quiet when idling but scream when on the gas. I have Satos on my RC and they're pretty loud all the time. But, they do have an awesome tone so it's not obnoxious.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

yeah i feel like the full Akro cans are loud at 10,000RPM haha thats about it

Full Akrapovic Ti exhaust , PC5 , Corbin seat , T1 airbox , Russell steel braided lines , Matris steering damper , Brembo RCS 19, Pair mod , Flapper mod , Soft rev mod, 15/41 gears, EBC xc front rotors, Tuned by Dyno Solutions.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 05:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Do you want me to pull out mine tomorrow? Gonna be a nice day!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
CF cans are louder than Ti IME. Regular size/length Sato and LB cans should be in the range of Akra. My LB cans are shorter than OEM akra cans and any shorter can (e.g., bonzai sato) will be louder. Those LB GP cans will be notably louder than the akra exhaust and are one of the loudest options going.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 09-23-2016 at 07:56 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
I have had both on my 04. Akrapovic full system with ti cans, and now have ladybird gp slip ons, 45mm. The ladybird's are louder!! Not as refined as the Akrapovic, which to me had a more deeper tone. The ladybird is more of a higher sounding growl. They sound good, I like the sound better then the Akrapovic. I can only imagine the 60mm cans , they must be obnoxious!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

I wish Adam . I'm out of town this weekend or else I would . I haven't even seen that damn bike . Lol . And ya I figured LB cans where louder . They seem louder even on YouTube. They sound really good thou . Maybe someday I'll sell my full Akro for some . (Someday):smile:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Before I picked mine up, I heard (and viewed) an SP in Dublin Ireland with Sato's on it, and they were very loud, way louder than my Yosh are. I spoke with the owner and as he rode away that bike was the s**t, the sound was so sweet it was pure music echoing off the old buildings. I told my wife I was getting one as soon as we got home; think she thought I was joking. 4 weeks later I had one of my own but no Satos. Oh well.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post
CF cans are louder than Ti IME. Regular size/length Sato and LB cans should be in the range of Akra. My LB cans are shorter than OEM akra cans and any shorter can (e.g., bonzai sato) will be louder. Those LB GP cans will be notably louder than the akra exhaust and are one of the loudest options going.
I can attest to that! The LBP GP cans are the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a RC51. They are definitely louder than the Sato Ti full length cans. But it's a very cool loud, aggressive and deep. In fact they were too loud for me. Went back to the Sato Ti full length lowmounts.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode