RC51 Forums banner

Need to change a full exhaust system and power commander ... suggestions?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Wibbly 
#1 ·
Hi everyone...
I just picked up an 01 RC51 and want to change out the full exhaust system, I don't want a slip on. The one that is on there has been butchered! It's only on the right side, but I like the twin look. I like it higher up, but still want to keep the back pegs. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on what make to get and what works well with this bike.
My second question... there is currently a power commander 2 on it but suggestions on a better commander or programmer? Thanks in advance!!!
Emma

#3 ·
There are options...limited but available...If you want a full system you will have to spend a pretty penny....Have a look at the for sale section. Wibbly from Edmonton has some high mount cans for sale for a great price. You will have to work out the mids and the headers....

#6 ·
That is correct! You would not keep the rear pegs, but WOW!

Spend some time looking around the site, I am super new and have only been lurking around here for the past year or so. What I can tell you is that almost anything RC51 has been covered on here somewhere, and from what I recall I am not sure the gains vs cost of a full system on a stock engine are worth it (to me at least). Someone else might chime in with more information, you can also visit rc51.org and there is a mods tab, and under that they discuss exhausts.

I am looking for a decent set of cans for my 01, and may eventually go the route of joining the back section of an SP2 header to the SP1 header so you can use the SP2 can options. (Thread for that on here somewhere).

I know you said you were looking for a full system, and it's hard to fault that as they look so nice, personally i just want to unleash the character of the bike without impacting performance in a negative way.

If I see anything while I am looking I will forward it.

#8 ·
Hi Wibbly. I was just checking out your ladybird canister post! Love the look of that. My friend said that "The pipe won't work unless you do a full system because the dummy that you bought it from welded the canister to the pipe. Now you can't do a slip on". Any suggestions on a full system? and price?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.