RC51 Forums banner

Need help finding full exhaust!

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  jooisk 
#1 ·
I was watching a YouTube video and I found one that I really love but i cant find it and the uploader is Asian. Anyone know what exhaust this is? I dont have a bike yet but I'm buying parts now.

#10 · (Edited)
Akrapovic Racing Line Full System Schematic.
Link pipe: Inlet, 52.5 mm O.D., Outlet 59.5mm
Muffler: 60 mm I.D.

These systems have been out of production since 2008.
Also, carbon mufflers don't last long on twins. The power pulses pulverize the carbon sleeves into mush after a while.
Mine lasted only two years before they got tons of cracks.

If you can find all the parts but the mufflers, I suggest contacting SimonKobeJapan on this forum to price a pair of LBP titanium large oval mufflers with 60mm I.D. inlets (unless you can locate a pair of the Akrapovic mufflers in titanium)
That's what I did. The LBP titanium mufflers are not only way more durable, but they weight much less than the Akrapovic carbon mufflers.

#15 ·
My RC (I'm second owner) came with Jardine carbon RT-One's when I bought it in 2010. I'm not sure when the previous owner put them on, but we'll assume maybe 2005 depending on if he bought the bike in '04 or the following year.

Here in WI the bike only sees sunlight for like 5 months out of the year, and even within THOSE months it's like maybe 8-16 hours outside at work when it's nice riding weather. I put Ladybird Ti's on in 2012. The Jardine's looked like as shown (still in my basement, too)

The top one is more "flat" in color, the carbon, in my opinion more faded from sun exposure than any heat ever from the motor. That's even more evident by the gloss strip where the clamp strap was. The bottom canister is viewing the bottom of it (for comparison), and you can kinda tell it's more "gloss" than the top.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.